“Lovely caravan park by the sea”

Seadown Holiday Park
Leicestershire
“Lovely caravan park by the sea”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have just returned from a short break at Seadown. The caravan was spotless, comfortable (the bed even had an orthopaedic mattress on it) and well equipped and the staff were friendly and helpful. The site was very quiet at this time of year which suited me as I came for peace and quiet. The beach is just across a field and it is only a short walk to the shops and other facilities in the village. The caravans are quite close together which could be quite noisy in the summer when there are a lot of families there but not a problem for me as I can holiday out of season.

I would recommend Seadown to anyone wanting an inexpensive and relaxing seaside break.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Marie M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited Seadown in September with my partner and staffie, Harvey im not usually into holidaying in the UK but as we had just purchased our first property we could only afford a UK break, now I am dedicated to coming to Seadown at least once a year and am visiting again at the end of March (cannot wait! :) ) The park is in a perfect location, quiet and scenic with only a 2 minute walk to the beautiful beach, the caravans are clean and spacious and we had no problems checking in with the friendly staff. The site is perfect for people who are looking for a relaxing break without all the children's entertainment, the site has a lovely river running through towards the beach with Harvey loved splashing around in, nearby is the cute seafront town of Lyme Regis which is approx. a 15 min drive away, we also visited monkey world which was great (approx. 1 hr drive) in our next trip we are planning to spend the week relaxing and visiting local pet friendly attractions (Beauli, Lyme Regis, Poole, Corfe Castle) Overall I would recommend Seadown to anyone who like to bring there dog with them or anyone whos looking for a peaceful break in a beautiful location

4 Thank Kelly S
Wellingborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We visit Seadown a couple of times a year. It's always very clean with well maintained grounds and the staff are very friendly. Seadown has a great location, only 2 minutes walk from the beach yet is always quiet and relaxing. Looking forward to our next visit soon.

5 Thank Tony P
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hi! just got back to Nottinghamshire 4 hours ago, jasper beagle dog!! in case your wondering, he loves seadown so do my 2 owners I have plenty of walks including up the cliff to stonebarrow! rather steep but not impossible, my owners have said the staff on the park are nice, the caravan where I stay is alright I have plenty of room to stretch out, nice chip-shop in village my mum buys me a fish-cake, my dads tip!!! take a electric heater just in case, going to book next September tomorrow cannot wait!! stonebarrow!!!! here I come woof! woof! woof!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank toni r
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good site for visiting West Dorset ,East Devon -Lyme Regis ,Bridport ,Beer (love that name ) , West Bay and Sidmouth all within half an hour or so's drive .Literary bods will appreciate the John Fowles ,Jane Austen local connections and Thomas Hardy's cottage and townhouse are a short drive away too .

Good for dogs about a half mile of level well cropped grass for strolling and running about along the riverbank within the camp and then your straight on to the beach . The cliff walks are a bit curtailed by the crumbling coast line causing diversions of the coastal path but the landslides throw up the fossils that are part of the attraction of this bit of coast , just don't sit too near the cliffs if you want a beach day .

The caravan was the usual modern standard which is to say good ,no central heating so later in the year I would imagine the bedrooms would be cold and the ignition on the gas fire was kaput (if in doubt I usually stick an electric fanheater in the car which sorts this out ).

Charmouth itself is uncommercialised a couple of very nice pubs , a cafe , post office ,small traditional shops such as bakers and butchers and all the better for it , good place to retire to no doubt .

All in all very good mark off because of the heating issue and the welcome on booking in which could best be described as efficent rather than friendly .

Room Tip: All the caravans seemed about the same standard .
2 Thank pontylad
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed in the holiday park this April during a very cold Easter. We had booked in advance and even though the weather was very cold we thought we'd be fine in a caravan. We booked for 4 nights and we were 3 adults and 2 children in a two bedroomed caravan. The caravan had a gas fire and no other form of heating. It was fine during the day but we were so cold at night we even had to wear hats! Even the two adults who slept in the lounge with the gas fire on all night were freezing and wore hats too! There was no other form of heating and the caravan seems to have no insulation at all. When we asked in the reception for extra blankets we were told there weren't any.
In the end we cut our stay short and returned a day early. when we told the reception staff why we were leaving early they just shrugged. Not so great customer service!
The camp site is clean, the caravan well appointed and clean and the camp site is a two minute walk to the beach and Charmouth is a lovely little place. It is also in a fantastic position to explore the area.
I would like to visit again but only when the weather is warmer!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Loraine L
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Just back from a mid week break and what a fantastic place sea down is. The static caravan was clean and well appointed. Site is dog friendly and is just a short walk to the coast. Would recommend this site to all.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Beaumont1966
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charmouth
Hensleigh House
#1 of 1 in Axminster
Newlands Holidays
Newlands Holidays
#4 of 5 in Charmouth

Been to Seadown Holiday Park? Share your experiences!