“Easter break”

Seadown Holiday Park
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My husband & our 3 young children stayed at seadown for the first time over the easter bank holiday weekend. The caravan was clean with plenty of space for all 5 of us. The friendly staff, close proximity to the beach and variety of items in the shop were excellent. We will definitely be visiting again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank purpletigers1980

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed there 14th-18th April. Caravan was dog friendly for our Golden retriever Logan. In fact the site is very dog friendly.I had booked for 2 adults but my daughter and son in law decided to come as well.Staff coudn't have been more helpful providing extra bed linen.
Caravan was spacious but very cold early morning & at night so i would advise to take a portable heater as we did which heated the bedroom and shower room.
The site is lovely 5 mins from the beach and 5 mins to the village.Weather was sunny everyday. The only negative thing is no table and chairs for outside. Last year we stayed at Newlands and outside seating is provided.saying that i will be going back to seadown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise W
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our second visit to Seadown. This time our static was a bit smaller than last year's, but well equipped and the gas heater in the lounge kept us warm. A couple of minor niggles when we arrived - we had to ask staff for bedlinen for the twin bedded room as only the double had been made up, and I had to do some cleaning in the kitchen and lounge areas as the window sills were dusty and some of the drawers & cubbyholes still had crumbs in. Last time our static was immaculately clean though, so I expect the cleaning this time was just a blip. Apart from that, we had another very enjoyable stay. The site was quite busy for the start of the Easter holidays, but was still very quiet at night and we slept very well every night. It has a super location, the sea and beach are through a gate at the end of the site, and the high street of Charmouth a 5 minute walk from the entrance driveway. Just a reminder to static novices like us - a £5 cash key deposit is required on arrival, and although bedlinen is provided you will need everything else, e.g. towels, loo rolls, washing-up liquid, tea towels and a shower-room mat. (absolutely not a criticism of the site for not providing these, just useful to be prepared). The cliff path on the opposite side of the river from the cafe and fossil shop is closed at the moment due to a landslip. We recommend the Tuckers Arms at Dalwood for food (9 miles away and not the cheapest, but worth it for a treat) and a visit to Forde Abbey if you like stately homes and gardens. For churchgoers seeking a Sunday Eucharist, the parish church on Charmouth high street is very friendly and welcoming, service times are displayed on the board outside. Great holiday, we will be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank theevs
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have just returned from a short break at Seadown. The caravan was spotless, comfortable (the bed even had an orthopaedic mattress on it) and well equipped and the staff were friendly and helpful. The site was very quiet at this time of year which suited me as I came for peace and quiet. The beach is just across a field and it is only a short walk to the shops and other facilities in the village. The caravans are quite close together which could be quite noisy in the summer when there are a lot of families there but not a problem for me as I can holiday out of season.

I would recommend Seadown to anyone wanting an inexpensive and relaxing seaside break.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited Seadown in September with my partner and staffie, Harvey im not usually into holidaying in the UK but as we had just purchased our first property we could only afford a UK break, now I am dedicated to coming to Seadown at least once a year and am visiting again at the end of March (cannot wait! :) ) The park is in a perfect location, quiet and scenic with only a 2 minute walk to the beautiful beach, the caravans are clean and spacious and we had no problems checking in with the friendly staff. The site is perfect for people who are looking for a relaxing break without all the children's entertainment, the site has a lovely river running through towards the beach with Harvey loved splashing around in, nearby is the cute seafront town of Lyme Regis which is approx. a 15 min drive away, we also visited monkey world which was great (approx. 1 hr drive) in our next trip we are planning to spend the week relaxing and visiting local pet friendly attractions (Beauli, Lyme Regis, Poole, Corfe Castle) Overall I would recommend Seadown to anyone who like to bring there dog with them or anyone whos looking for a peaceful break in a beautiful location

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We visit Seadown a couple of times a year. It's always very clean with well maintained grounds and the staff are very friendly. Seadown has a great location, only 2 minutes walk from the beach yet is always quiet and relaxing. Looking forward to our next visit soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hi! just got back to Nottinghamshire 4 hours ago, jasper beagle dog!! in case your wondering, he loves seadown so do my 2 owners I have plenty of walks including up the cliff to stonebarrow! rather steep but not impossible, my owners have said the staff on the park are nice, the caravan where I stay is alright I have plenty of room to stretch out, nice chip-shop in village my mum buys me a fish-cake, my dads tip!!! take a electric heater just in case, going to book next September tomorrow cannot wait!! stonebarrow!!!! here I come woof! woof! woof!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family