“Hidden Gem”

The Tunnel Target Sports Centre
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in Charmouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Target Sports Centre LTD, opened July 2010, the facility enjoys the benefit of both a home office approved club "The Tunnel Target Sports Club" and a commercial entity. We are proud to be affiliated to the National Rifle Association at Bisley and aim to provide an all-round outstanding service and range facilities for air-gun, Small bore and Full bore shooting. We are delighted that all our staff are qualified NSRA and NRA range officers, this means that you can be sure that a consistent standard of excellence is maintained throughout the centre. The Target Sports Centre offers training facilities at all levels from the novice, the elite including Team GB and Quality Assured Maritime Firearms Competency assessments. Our dedicated team of instructors and range officers enable us to maintain our centre of excellence.
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic facility for target shooters of all abilities, I myself have shot for many years but my son hasn't.
Perfect location and safe environment for him to learn the basics with the staff more than happy to help.
Cannot wait to return and use their new 100 metre range. Fantastic activity to do when the weather isn't too great outside this is how I found out about the facility.

Visited July 2013

Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Not Such A Hot Shot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

The tunnel is a firing range used by the Olympic shooting teams and is open to the public.
They provide the ammunition,rifle and clear instruction and the ranges have targets at the far end.
The Tunnel a converted old road tunnel made into a modern indoor firing range. I really enjoyed the target shooting. I did not realise it took a great deal of concentration and slow breathing to get near the centre of the target. One of the few attractions where the weather does not matter. My daughter enjoyed the target shooting. The staff are good and there is a cafe. I think this must be a unique attraction and would appeal to a family looking for some thing different to do.

Visited March 2013