“Great off the beaten track find. ”
Review of The Anchor Inn

The Anchor Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Chideock
Price range: £6 - £25
Good for: View details, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve the finest Palmer's Ales and fantastic food with ingredients sourced from the best local producers. Our cliff top terrace comfortably seats 100 and the views are arguably some of the best in the country, if not the world! During the summer months we serve a great selection of fresh fish & shellfish caught from West Bay and Weymouth, and lobsters straight from our beach!In winter, the emphasis changes to hearty stews, slow cooked meats and watching the storm waves crash in with the comfort of our roaring wood burner. So whether you're after a light bite, a full on lunch or dinner, or just a pint or two, then The Anchor Inn at Seatown is the place for you!!
Reviewed 5 May 2024 via mobile

Lucky to find a table without booking as we walked in after a SW coast path walk from West Bay. And told we had the table for as long as we wanted, so great not to feel rushed. Good drinks and their own twist on cocktails using local spirits. Excellent quality fresh fish and perfect pork belly. Not cheap but well worth it.

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 4 May 2024

We were looking for a locally-sourced restaurant that was open on a Sunday evening. We were staying in Charmouth, and the Anchor Inn was a quick 8-10 minute drive down a sweet country lane through a village featuring numerous beautiful thatched houses.
We were delighted with the service and with the quality of the food. My gluten-free needs were graciously and deliciously met. Our view of Golden Cap was the "icing on the cake"!

Reviewed 3 May 2024 via mobile

Our first visit to The Anchor Inn after looking for somewhere casual but with excellent food, for our wedding anniversary lunch.
We couldn’t have found anywhere better especially as it was a beautiful sunny day & the outlook from our window-side table looked across the coastline.
We were served by the cheerful & friendly Kerry who was very attentive throughout our meal.
The food was superb, my husband had mussels for his starter & I had arancini, which were a step up from the usual offerings in most pubs of late. The highlight was locally called caught lobster, salad & chips for our mains. Simply cooked & sprinkled with samphire it was just delicious!
We just about managed to make room for dessert, of course! My husband had poached rhubarb & custard with granola & berries & I had a substantial portion of custard filled profiteroles with caramel & chocolate sauce😋😋
We shall definitely be back, to sample yet more of what our new favourite pub has to offer!

Date of visit: May 2024
Reviewed 28 April 2024

Dropped in for lunch while on the SW Coastal path. We were bowled over by the friendly service and welcome. But, then, the cauliflower soup... so good and stunning presentation. Wished we could come back for dinner. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 April 2024

I cannot recommend this place and the staff enough.
I lost my keys whilst walking the Golden Cap, those who know, the Golden Cap, will know and I could not get home.
The pub owns the car park which you do have to pay for, however within the price you do get £2.00 reimbursed of your food or drinks, the staff were so helpful and kind, in fact amazing, they let me have a tab so I could get a drink and gave with lots of treats for the dogs as they had not eaten - and had walk with me 3 or more times up this massive cliff searching for my keys.
The staff and managers let me keep my car in the car park whilst I got my situation resolved, reassuring me that nothing would happen to my car and would not be charged, they even looked out for my car letting me know it was still safe when I called, it was left sat in the car park for 3 days.

The care I received was above and beyond.

As I sat and watched the staff / team the service they offered to all their customers was impeccable, all the staff were happy working together they have defiantly got it right.
It is a 10/10 for me. Go there, visit you will not regret it... I have visited a lot of places in my time, and this establishment and customer service is defiantly one of the best...

Super, smashing, great and I thank all the team.

Note:
The food looked great; I will be having dinner next time I visit.
The bar and toilets are kept clean
Dog friendly
The outside areas are fantastic which also has a view point to watch the sunset whilst having a meal or drink

So my advise is, make a plan a go.
x