“Awesome view, sadly not as awesome pub” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Scott Arms

The Scott Arms
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Corfe Castle
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A great pub in an amazing location. Food and drink delicious with a Caribbean BBQ all summer.
“Awesome view, sadly not as awesome pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this pub many times before, it has a view of Corfe Castle that is just awesome. Went to the pub last week, twice. The first time I had beef burger and chips, hubby had jerk chicken. His chicken was nice but was a chicken leg, so not huge, and it wasn't exactly cheap, my burger was nice but not as hot as I'd like, but after waiting almost an hour for it I didn't want to bother complaining. It tasted nice so that was something. Then a few nights later we wanted to go to the Castle Inn but couldn't park, so decided to go to the Scott Arms again. I only wanted a starter as I wanted to have a dessert too so I ordered tomato soup and my hubby ordered a pork dish. We knew we'd probably have to wait a while, based on the previous meal so were then astounded when within 5 minutes of ordering our meals they came out. They clearly can't have been cooked from fresh as there wasn't enough time. The soup was nice but came with strange bread fingers that were almost of a brioche texture, rather than crusty bread. It wasn't unpleasant, just a bit strange. My hubby's pork meal was nice but not big by any means. He said it was ok, but the amount of pork on it was small, I'd have thought double the amount of pork would have been value for money but the amount he got, it wasn't worth the money paid. I then looked at the menu and ordered a treacle tart and ice cream, treacle tart is one of my fav puds so I was looking forward to it. It came out quickly (with a choc pudding for my son who didn't want anything else to eat) but the waiter called it 'apple cake'. I took a bite and it did taste of apple, which was weird as I have never had treacle tart taste of apple. I even went up to the manager and asked him, was it definitely treacle tart? He assured me it was. I sat back down and took another mouthful, but... It really wasn't good. It had clearly been microwaved and was stodgy, had no flavour other than Apple and it was actually hard to get my spoon through it. The ice cream was gorgeous, it's made at the farm next door to the pub and it's really lovely but it couldn't make up for a really horrible treacle tart. I did then go up to pay for the meal and mentioned this to the manager, who apologised and did, to be fair, take the price of the pudding off the bill. It's such a shame as it's a lovely pub with a stunning view but something isn't right, you can't serve customers reheated food and expect them to be happy about it. after we left the pub we went to the Castle Inn for a drink and overheard lots of people saying how great the food is and we will be going there in future, not the Scott Arms, other than for a drink anyway. Shame.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jo M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Scott arms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a lunch time meal at this rural pub. Menu was well stocked but not the fridges as preferred option had run out. Meal was ok atmosphere ok. Parking is the issue very rough car park, room for 10 cars or so small road for two or three more.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jeffrey J
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Delicious, locally sourced food, and always a diverse specials board. In the summer there's a large garden with spectacular views. In the winter there are real fires and cosiness. Knowledgable bar staff too!. We always visit when we're in the area.

Tooting, London
“Lovely garden and Fantastic views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We sat in the garden enjoying a drink before dinner and the views really are to die for. It overlooks the Purbeck Hills and Corfe Castle and I can't think of a more pleasant place to have an evening drink.

Food was good - nothing fancy but just fine.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This pub was recommended by our daughter we where not disappointed. The fish and chips where the best we had ever tasted and the portions where very generous to say the least. The staff where very friendly and there was a lovely overall atmosphere in the pub. Will definitely be visiting again.

• Visited May 2014