“Pub lunch”

Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Corfe Castle
Cuisines: Caribbean, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A great pub in an amazing location. Food and drink delicious with a Caribbean BBQ all summer.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch during our walk from Corfe castle to Chapmans Pool. Can recommend the burgers however they were rather expensive. Cost us £85 for lunch/drinks for 5 people.

1  Thank likeluxuryBoc

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We have visited this pub a number of times over the years. It has a great views over Corfe Castle and until now was considered a great place for a meal and a few beers. The menu was always varied and offered good value with a mix of standard pub favourites and some more adventurous meals.

Alas on this visit the experience id a definite thumbs down.

There was a choice of either an over priced pub menu or the 'Jerk Shack', serving Caribbean food . My wife wanted to order from the pub menu and I fancied the 'Jerk Shack' but frankly it was a palaver to order from both and have both meals delivered to the table at the same time. Therefore we ordered from the pub menu.

Food for people who ordered after us arrived but no sign of ours. After 40 minutes we were just about to ask for a refund and leave when it arrived. The wrong table number had been input for the order. To be fair the scampi and fries my wife ordered was fine. The same could not be said for my gourmet burger and fries, the bun was burnt, the burger just fell apart and the fries were like shrapnel.

£32 for two basic pub meals and a couple of soft drinks is not value for money. Linked with the poor standard of my meal and order foul up I don't think that this establishment will be on my list of places to go in the future.

Oh and the coke was flat too - Down to the CO2 shortage I suspect!

4  Thank Veneable_Bede
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve visited the Scott arms a few times now, the food has always been excellent, the view is amazing and the jerk chicken shak In the garden makes for a very relaxing atmosphere. Highly recommend !!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

First the positives: a beautiful pub in a lovely location with the beer well kept.

Now for the negatives: we arrived at 8 pm having booked a table for 2, we placed our order at 8.10 and finally gave up on it at 9.50 on the basis that no food was forthcoming and no information was forthcoming either (the staff were totally confused with orders). We decided to leave to find food elsewhere whilst we still could, which involved catching a taxi to Swanage on the off chance that somewhere would still be open. We were aware of a least 4 other parties who went without food too.

This was highly disappointing as we were away for a only one night away; the worst service I have ever experienced. If they sorted out the kitchen this could be an amazing place, but as it is I cannot recommend.

2  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I don't ask for much. Just the odd smile, my pint filled to the proper level and a decent ambience and setting. Unfortunately I only got the last one at the Scott Arms. The bar staff really weren't interested and on both occasions did not fill my glass properly. Shame.

2  Thank OlderGuy1956