“Just Lovely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Scott Arms

The Scott Arms
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Corfe Castle
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A great pub in an amazing location. Food and drink delicious with a Caribbean BBQ all summer.
Horsham
“Just Lovely!”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We ate at The Scott Arms one evening last week - and it was fab. The food was really good and the service was excellent. Would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Buckden, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous view - excellent food.”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Stayed here 3 weeks ago for 3 nights in the Swirehead Room which had just been refurbished to a very high standard. My wife and I were able to get an inclusive deal in which the room rate was discounted and evening meals (3 courses) were thrown in at £20 per head. All the food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful even when we decided to change tables in the middle of a crowded weekend evening. We prefer to eat inside but the view over Corfe Castle from the garden is truly breathtaking. The first night we had locally caught Lemon Sole which were enormous and perfectly cooked. The second night we chose Rib Eye Steak which was cooked exactly to our order and was delicious. Our original deal was for two nights food because we wanted the option of trying somewhere else but we didn't bother because the food was so good here. The proprietors gave us the same £20 deal for the third night. The atmosphere over the weekend was terrific especially in the evenings with a lively mixture of local people and visitors. The staff were mainly young people (I'm 57) who made up for inexperience with a can-do attitude and disarming politeness. We will be going back at the first available opportunity.

1 Thank peterb114
edinburgh,Scotland
“Excellent food with that extra something”
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I was directed to this restaurant whilst on business in Bournemouth last year. it was so good that its top of my agenda evey time I visit the area.
The food has that extra something, the pea and ham soup was simply the best I've ever tasted. The steak tasted like steak (a rarity these days) . The smoked duck salad should be savoured slowly. It was simply delish. I'm Scottish but I still ate the accompanying rabbit food. The sea bass and pesto sauce were made for each other However, the best part of all were the desserts.
Creme Brulee with rasperry sauce and honeycomb ice-cream. Food heaven.The ginger sponge with butterscotch sauce was delicately flavoured and very light. Just perfect.
The view from the gardens is stunning (at least it would be if I ever get there on a clear day) The chef at this place knows his stuff.
On the down side, the staff have a habit of delivering starters and mains at the same time. (Happened twice!) Also you might need a 4-wheel drive car to safely negotiate the car park!!!
Its a bit of a drive from Bournemouth but if you don't just want to eat at the many chains in town its well worth the effort to get there.