“10 out of 10!! I want to go back!! Best B&B I have ever stayed :-)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corfe Castle
Challow Farm House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Corfe Castle B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“10 out of 10!! I want to go back!! Best B&B I have ever stayed :-)”
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights (4 days) with my friend Sam, in late June 2011.
On arrival in the afternoon, Kate had a homemade cream tea for us, served in the garden next to a beautiful pond and water feature. Lavender and lovely flowers surround the gardens. The scones and strawberry jam were all homemade by Kate.
The accomodation is first class, - the best B&B I have ever stayed, with large comfortable rooms and Kate had left homemade shortbread in the room. There are tea/coffee making facilities in the room, and Kate made sure that I had a plentiful selection of herb teas (which I prefer).

We stayed in the East Room, which is separate from the main farmhouse. A beautiful cherry tree was outside our window and a view of the breathtaking hills and fields surrounding the farmhouse.
There is a TV and DVD player in the room, and Kate & Mark have thoughtully laid on a selection of the latest DVD films in a basket for your use. A selection of books were also available in our room.
Kate & Mark's thoughtfulness is throughout your entire stay. There are maps, slippers, travel books, guides, sun hats & umbrella's for your use, and when one day at breakfast we mentioned to Kate that we had brought a bottle of wine to enjoy that evening whilst watching TV in our room, on our return from the day out, Kate had provided wine glasses and pistachio nuts for us in our room.
The breakfasts are uttlerly divine. There is fresh fruit salad and different museli's, seeds, nuts, apricots etc. Each evening you write in a book what you want cooked for your breakfast the next day, and leave the book in the hallway. Kate gets her fish all smoked locally from the man who was on TV's 'River Cottage', and I had smoked Kippers, and haddock which was scrumptious. Fresh pancakes, maple syrup, bacon, sausages, eggs and more are all choices, as well as Kate's home made toast and marmalade :-)
And each evening, Kate would leave a yummy chocolate from Chococo on our pillow :-)

Challow FarmHouse is situated perfectly in Corfe Castle village. You can see the top of one of the castle turrets when sitting in the garden. It's off the main village road and down a quiet lane which is 2 mins walk to the castle and steam train station.
In the morning around 9am you can hear the steam train chugging along. It's a great sound.
The village itself is breath taking. The castle dominates the whole village, perched high on the hill with the village surrounding it.
The Famous Five books by Enid Blyton were based here (Called Kirrin Castle in the books), and there is a Ginger Pop shop here, so lashings and lashings of ginger pop are a must :-)
There is a fabulous walk from Challow Farmhouse to Swanage across the hill tops. The views are amazing, expect a good 2 hour walk over the hills, but definitely worth it. We rewarded ourselves with a paddle in the sea at lovely Swanage bay and then took the steam train back to Corfe Castle.
Lulworth cove and Durdle Door are also close by as well as Brownsea Island and Studland bay.
I want to go back and recommend Challow Farmhouse highly. I want to treat my parents to a weekend here next year, as we had a fabulous stay and Kate and Mark are so lovely and make perfect hosts. 10/10 A1 :-)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Amanda-Jade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Monmouthshire
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Simply one of the best B&B's we've stayed in!
Challow Farm is tucked away on a minor road leading off the busy road which goes through Corfe Castle village. It has the convenience of a short walk to the village (pubs, railway and castle) without the road noise. The location is secure and the recently landscaped gardens are very pleasant to sit out and enjoy if you are blessed with good weather (and it usually is here).
Breakfasts were sumptuous, and mainly local ingredients too with plenty of choice.
Hosts Kate and Mark were very friendly, and have plenty of good ideas for walks or local attractions. In fact one of their suggestions (visiting a local National Trust property) was spot on and saved us a soggy day when we might have gone walking instead.
We had an excellent day's snorkelling at Kimmerage Bay-Kate was able to help dry out our wetsuits afterwards which was very helpful.
We spent 3 nights here-all in all highly recommendable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chepstow_Matt
surrey UK
Reviewed 28 May 2011

My husband and I were looking for a comfortable place to stay in a quiet, pretty location within walking distance of some pubs and sites. This place did not disappoint.
The setting was beautiful, the beds were extra large and so comfy we didn't want to get out of them and the breakfasts were yummy. Kate the owner went out of her way to make us feel at home with extras like homemade shortbread and tea by the pond. Also it was so peaceful, the only noise the the sound of the steam trains from nearby Corfe Castle station chugging through once every hour. This place has only just opened but I it's a real gem and one of the best B & B's I've stayed at in the UK.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 10 in Corfe Castle
Ammonite Bed & Breakfast
Ammonite Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 10 in Corfe Castle

Been to Challow Farm House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!