Challow Farm House Bed and Breakfast
The Scott Arms(Corfe Castle)
US$147
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)
US$169
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
US$187
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Norden House(Corfe Castle)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvictoria spongeon arrivaltea and cakeattention to detaildorset apple cakeshort walkluxurious accommodationcooked optionsthought of everythinghope to return soonhomemade jamsvery special placegreat base to explorean excellent hostcomfortable bedbeautiful gardenporridge
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have now stayed three times this year at Challow Farm and cannot wait to go again! Lovely room and house, wonderful breakfasts, great welcome. Everything is quite perfect including the hostess, Kate Porter and her husband,Mark

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aprilalexander
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We are the parents referred to in previous review - suzied2! We were staying there to celebrate my husband's 80th birthday and we were not disappointed, in fact Challow Farm house is one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in.

Everything was spot on and we appreciated the cold milk and bottles of water in the 'frig on the ground floor of the barn in addition to all the other extras our daughter mentioned. The garden was lovely (sweet peas- wonderful smell) and the room was extremely comfortable in every way, loved the toiletries too.

I must mention the biggest and most deicious Victoria sponge awaiting us for tea on our arrival, what a treat!

Many thanks to Kate for excellent hosting and attention to detail - also loved the home-made marmalade at breakfast and fresh fruit especially the mango.

Room Tip: We stayed in the barn, facing main house and formal garden - lovely view, in the slightly larger of the 2 rooms with huge bed and both a bath and shower.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimanddiana2016
Reviewed 19 August 2013

All the 5-star reviews are richly deserved. We stayed in the 2-room barn conversion with my parents in the other room and it was perfect - lovely decor, a great shower, lots of great touches like home-made cake with tea on arrival, home-made shortbread in the rooms (and because I have an allergy, wheat-free biscuits for me!).. Very comfortable bed. The breakfasts were delicious, and even when there was a power cut (in the area, nothing wrong with the B&B's circuits) Kate managed to whip up exactly what we'd asked for using just the gas hob - amazing. The location is great, a very short walk to the village and castle, and there are hens and sheep in the grounds. We even saw a stag. If you walk up onto the ridge above the B&B you get amazing views, and the steam train goes from a station 5 minutes away. You can borrow torches, a walking stick, woolly hats or socks in colder weather, all from the foyer of the barn conversion - Kate has thought of everything. This is a pretty high-end B&B in terms of decor, and very tranquil, so not suitable for families with kids, I'd say - but perfect for us.

Room Tip: We loved the 2-room barn conversion.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suzied2
Reviewed 24 July 2013

For the third consecutive summer my wife Diane and I travelled to the UK. Of all the places we have stayed at this one was the best B&B I have stayed in the UK. Kate is an amazing hostess and the entire site is exquisitely decorated and cared for. On our first night there I woke up at 3:30 with a migraine despite my tardiness in the morning within minutes Kate had whipped up a lovely breakfast. the entire area is well worth visiting particularly for the avid photographer

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terry91
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Everything that I could say has been said - this review is simply to confirm those already written. I travelled here with my elderly mother and Kate's intuitive recommendations for restaurants and ideas for sightseeing were quite perfect.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family