“Very lovely little tea rooms with good lunchtime menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Norden House - CLOSED

Norden House
Price range: US$5 - US$48
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Norden House has a fully licensed Restaurant with a traditional British theme. The restaurant is seasonal (open May-September) (Open December) We have a good range of locally sourced produce, Evening specials, Local Ales & Ciders. We cater for party's small and large, Private fuctions, Norden House is set within it's own grounds, we have a large garden overlooked by the Purbeck hills and Corfe Castle, Weather permitting Garden can be used for dining With our own Ducks,Peacocks & Turkeys its an enjoyable place to be especially with the family or as a couple
Swanage, United Kingdom
“Very lovely little tea rooms with good lunchtime menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

We visited this morning the restaurant of Norden house. I was with my very pregnant daughter in law so negotiating the menu was tricky ,but Matthew was really patient and we found a small starter that was ideal for her and ticked all the boxes with being pregnant .I had alovely homemade soup that was great fr me with some rustic bread ..just right.good prices and friendly chatty staff,just what I like when I pop out for a quick lunch .definitely be back for the sunday roast as they promised roast parsnips ...the deciding point on a good roast for me .

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent ! Once again, thanks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Always enjoy coming here, they have a new menu which is hard to choose from as all seems very tasty and i had a Confit duck salad with spiced apples for starters and a roast Cod main and my friend had home-made soup which was carrot,swede and lemon grass and braised short rib casserole for a main, good prices, great service as always and the food was delicious will defo be back in the summer when hopefully the sun is out as i enjoy sitting in the garden.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank LonlyPlanet
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Lovely Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

We ate here whilst on holiday in Swanage, my parents have stayed at the B&B at Norden before and highly recommend it. The meal was excellent and the staff very pleasant. My mum is lactose intolerant and they adapted food on the menu for her. Lovely food, big portions & very reasonable. Highly recommended.

Bridport, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous setting will go again lunch lovley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stopped here on a Saturday on route back to Swanage at around 1ish and had Home-made soup of the day which was Butternut squash & Apple, never had this before but will be most definately be having it again delicious and good price only £3.95 !! i also had a lasagne again delicious and well priced well worth the stop around £15 including drink i think and if weather was nicer the garden would be amazing !! ***** great service aswell had a nice chat with waitress which is nice when your on your own, i had a look at the evening menu and if lunch is anything to go by i will be back with the family.

• Visited August 2012
Okehampton, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Norden House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We ate lunch at Norden House on the strength of a cream tea we had here several years ago. The cream tea was the best I have ever had. Norden House has changed hands since then however.

We were shown into a very nice dining room, and seated at a table. (The table wobbled, a pet hate of mine, but was soon cured with a strategically placed serviette!) The waitress returned and took our order for drinks, and we studied the lunchtime menu, which consisted of about five starters, all at around £5. We both opted for the soup of the day with croutons. When it arrived it was carrot & coriander. No sign of the croutons, nor an explanation or apology. It was however served with fresh white (sliced?) bread.
It was okay, but nothing special.

A choice of about five mains, all at under £10. Again we both chose the same, a beef lasagne with chips, salad & coleslaw. The lasagne was home-made and in the Italian style (not runny & fewer tomatoes than the Anglicised version we are all used to). we both agreed it was probably the best lasagne we had ever had outside of an Italian restaurant. Just a few more herbs would have made it perfect! The chips & garnishes were good, and the portions very generous for a lunchtime menu.

Only I had room for a dessert. Again a choice of about five, all at £4.95, or a cheeseboard for about a pound more. I chose the "exotic" fruit salad with mango sorbet. The latter was very good, just how a sorbet should be. I suspect it may have been from the local "Purbeck Ice Cream" range. The fruit salad however was far from exotic; apples, grapes, orange, strawberries, plums and a touch of the exotic, kiwi fruit! But, most importantly it was very nice!

All in all a very pleasant lunch. The loos were spotlessly clean, but we were bothered by the occasional fly during the meal. A hazard of dining in a farmhouse I guess.

We would definitely go again, perhaps for an evening meal.

• Visited August 2012