I celebrated my 60th birthday at Mortons House Hotel over the last weekend in January. Our party used all the rooms of the hotel. I made a very quick preliminary visit in September, and loved the style of the hotel. It is very comfortable, a huge sitting room with a log fire, and various smaller dining rooms, snugs and a bar. I loved it! The bedrooms are all beautifully decorated, some with original baths and loos, 3 suites with sitting rooms.
i had very definite ideas of what I wanted for the weekend, including a celebration dinner on the Saturday night, Some of my requests were I know, difficult for the hotel to manage,but the hotel bent over backwards to accommodate my requests. The weekend was just fantastic. I cannot praise enough the professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, from the owners, down to waiters and cleaners. Ronelle ?, the South African girl in charge of the restaurant was just awesome at her job. She seemed to know everyones names even on the first evening. UNbelievable!.
The food was fab. I could not believe the standard of the food provided, especially for the dinner, for which all guests had 3 choices for each course, so i imagine very difficult to plate up everything at once. It was delicious, piping hot,The waiting staff knew exactly who had ordered which dish and everything was gorgeous.
So , all in all, the most fantastic weekend, and something to remember for the rest of my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 year old Elizabethan manor located in pretty Corfe Castle in Dorset. 21 Character en-suite rooms and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel is ideally situated close to the beaches at Studland, Swanage and Lulworth with numerous walks along the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mortons House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mortons Hotel Corfe Castle
- Mortons Corfe Castle
- Mortons House Hotel Corfe Castle, Isle Of Purbeck, Dorset