“Perfect hotel, perfect location, perfect break!”

Mortons House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Corfe Castle
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This has been our sixth time at Morton house and every time we have found the service and welcome from staff amazing.
We have tried several of the rooms with each one having its own individuality. I have to say the Elizabethen room takes some beating!
The food is exquisite and presented in such a manner that it is clear that the chef takes great pride in his deliverance. The service from all the staff is made to make you feel special also. Amazing staff!
The location is just stunning situated in the heart of Corfe Castle village with beautiful views all around .
We can't wait for our next visit!
Thank you to all the amazing staff for making our visits so worth while.

Diane and Paul

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I had been looking forward to coming here for months, in fact it was a delayed birthday treat and I was genuinely so excited! I admit that we only visited for an afternoon tea not an overnight stay however, I had always admired the look of it and booked in for tea when I could finally go. Since the loss of my beloved Manor House at Studland I have been lost as to where to go for a lovely tea. So you can imagine that I had high hopes for a tea from a hotel with 2 aa rosettes. We arrived to a friendly welcome and were taken into a rather utilitarian room next to a noisy fridge and told that we couldn't go into the panelled room that I was so looking forward to because the fire was not lit and it was too cold. I would gladly have sat in there in the cold. To be honest we were given the menus quickly and served quickly but after that we never saw a soul, not one! Lots of chatting elsewhere between staff which is fine but no one came to ask if we were ok. The coffee was sooo strong and while the cream tea was ok it was not the best I have ever had. The scones were rather small as were the cream and jam portions for two people. For a 2 star rosette restaurant....I was really expecting better quality! Such a crying shame it could have been so special!
Imagine then my utter, utter disappointment as we were leaving to see the fire in the lovely panelled room lit and roaring up the chimney, the lady said it had just that minute been lit...but attention to detail if someone expresses a wish to sit near the fire wouldn't you have gone to tell them it had been lit in the time that you were there. I gather that it was lit in time for the guests arrival...which makes me feel like my money wasn't good enough. I was a guest too just not an overnight one. Very average tea, certainly not as good as others I have had in lesser places and a real disappointment for a birthday treat. Still will try again, such a beautiful building deserves a second chance.

1  Thank indy010
mortons1, Owner at Mortons House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

It is unusual for us to hear that you did not enjoy your Dorset Cream Tea. Most guests wishing to visit us for afternoon tea prefer to sit in the area overlooking the terrace as it is far easier to enjoy, sitting at proper tables and chairs rather than on the sofas, but we do appreciate that you would rather have sat by the fire. Apologies that the fire was not lit in time.

We do hope that you will visit us again at some point. With best regards

Reviewed 22 February 2013

We visited on the hotel's valentine weekend offer, including an amazing six course gala dinner. The staff were well trained, courteous and friendly, and the whole experience felt truly luxurious but not at all stuffy. The loft rooms were perfect, with great views from two windows of the castle - we felt we were seeing it before everyone else in the morning! The only minor flaw I can think of would be the shower water pressure, but then we were in the loft so we made allowances in light of ALL the positives. We will be back!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights in February. On the first morning the shower was warm and not hot. We informed the hotel staff who clearly didn't believe us as 'no one else has ever complained' and were told to check the shower again that evening. It was still not hot. The staff did nothing and yet again the next morning we had showers that were not hot. We were offered no refund or compensation for this. It unfortunately spoiled what would otherwise have been a lovely stay. The food at the hotel was very lovely but expensive.

1  Thank Likestotravel160

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I think that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding in communication, as I understand from Reception team, that you were going to check if the problem persisted and report back to us, so that we could organise a plumber to look into it.

We followed this up with reception the following morning, who confirmed that no further comments had been received from you, therefore assumed that normal water temperature had been resumed. We sincerely apologise for this.
Best regards

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We recently stayed at this venue and had a lovely time. It was warm and friendly and the location is fantastic with lots to see on its doorstep. Corfe Castle itself is a fantastic historical site with breathtaking views. A drive to Swanage and walk along the beach helped to blow away the cobwebs. But without a double the best part of the weekend trip was the food in the restaurant at Mortons, which beats any fine London establishment.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

my sister and her future hubby choose this hotel for there wedding day ! and what a perfect weekend and day was had by all, everthing was amazing, the hotel was truly stunning, the owners so professional, and helpful nothing was to much trouble, the rooms were so pretty, and the waiting staff all throughout the very busy and hetic weekend smiled with us. on behalf of my family we would all like to say a huge thankyou to everyone !!!!! at mortons for the most happiest weekend. and the best roastie we have ever had and we are the gang from up north !!!!!! saying thanks.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy M
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We recently stayed at Mortons House hotel to celebrate my BIG birthday. It was a perfect venue. The staff were welcoming and friendly and the food was superb, our compliments to the chefs. We would thoroughly reccommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in beautiful surroundings with excellent accomodation and a lovely log fire in the lounge, perfect for enjoying pre dinner drinks or relaxing after a delicious evening meal. Thank you for making my special birthday so memorable.
Patti Barnes

Room Tip: Room 12 has a small bathroom and the door bangs against the washand basin, noisy fan.