My second visit to Mortons House, I spent a 4 night Easter break with my two young daughters. We were in the Purbecks for a walking break and we were very lucky with the weather so no complaints there. We had the family / loft room which is two bedrooms (one twin, one double) and a large bathroom, for £195 a night. Great views of Corfe Castle from both rooms - see pics. We had a very pleasant stay, the hotel is in a lovely location and the building itself is very pretty. Food in the restaurant is first class whether you choose from the a la Carte or the "Lounge" menu, and breakfasts really are quite excellent. Overall, this is a very good hotel and I would certainly visit again - without doubt it is one of the best places to stay in the Purbeck area. At these prices I can be a stickler for detail and it's always possible to find things wrong (for example, the water pressure in the shower was a bit unpredictable first thing in the morning), but this is an old building and we were up in the loft, so not the end of the world. And I was very pleased that the unexpected prompt for a service charge on the entire bill, which so irritated me last time, is gone. This is a great place to stay for a break in this part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 year old Elizabethan manor located in pretty Corfe Castle in Dorset. 21 Character en-suite rooms and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel is ideally situated close to the beaches at Studland, Swanage and Lulworth with numerous walks along the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mortons House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mortons Hotel Corfe Castle
- Mortons Corfe Castle
- Mortons House Hotel Corfe Castle, Isle Of Purbeck, Dorset