My girlfriend and I stayed overnight on Easter Sunday, having travelled by motorbike in the driving rain. A friend had recommend a pub in the area for dinner, but we were so disheartened from our journey that we decided to just have dinner in the hotel.
I'm really glad we did. The dinner was the most consistently excellent meal that I have ever had. The service was amazing. We were seated by Sam, and when he brought the bread basket over, I (somewhat facetiously) remarked to my girlfriend "That's my butter sorted, but I don't know about you". Sam appeared at the table with another butter portion and mentioned that he'd heard my comment. Brilliant service!
We each ordered something different for starter, main, palette cleanser and dessert, and they were all amazing. Everything that we ordered came from the A la Carte menu, so I assume that the food is always this good.
I haven't stopped talking about the food all week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 year old Elizabethan manor located in pretty Corfe Castle in Dorset. 21 Character en-suite rooms and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel is ideally situated close to the beaches at Studland, Swanage and Lulworth with numerous walks along the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mortons House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mortons Hotel Corfe Castle
- Mortons Corfe Castle
- Mortons House Hotel Corfe Castle, Isle Of Purbeck, Dorset