We stayed for two nights and were very disappointed overall. We knew the location was good, being in the village, and that it was an interesting building, but it definitely did not live up to expectations. Reception etc were OK but our bedroom (No 2) was tired and shabby, very much a 'past glory' theme and the bathroom was totally inadequate for two people as it was so small with a trickle of a shower. As our room overlooked the car park, constant gravel crunching could be heard, along with load voices every time there was someone in reception, so hardly relaxing! Breakfast itself was OK, but service was dreadful, with a wait of more than 30 mins on our first morning for the cooked breakfast, and almost as long on the second. We did not bother to try the restaurant for any other meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 year old Elizabethan manor located in pretty Corfe Castle in Dorset. 21 Character en-suite rooms and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel is ideally situated close to the beaches at Studland, Swanage and Lulworth with numerous walks along the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Mortons House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mortons Hotel Corfe Castle
- Mortons Corfe Castle
- Mortons House Hotel Corfe Castle, Isle Of Purbeck, Dorset