Mortons House Hotel
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$179
  • Breakfast included
US$309
Knoll House Hotel(Studland Bay)
US$348
Agoda.com
US$129
US$121
1,000 results
All reviewslovely hotellog fireelizabethan roomthe main hotelold buildingpre dinner drinksbathroom windowwithout exceptioncream teabeautiful buildingcastle ruinsfood was amazingfirst classscallopsfour poster bedafternoon teawaiting staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2010

My partner and I stayed at Mortons House Hotel for two nights over Valentines weekend and I have to say it was probably the best hotel that we have ever stayed at!! The staff were very accommodating, the food was amazing and the hotel was superb.
My partner and I have stayed in a variety of ‘posh’ hotels where the staff have always been polite, but the staff at this establishment were not only polite but friendly and always gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble. They are all a credit to the hotel.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Mortons House Hotel justs oozes hospitality and history. My husband and I stayed for a special two-night break and the visit certainly lived up to our expectations. The staff in particular were delightful, making us feel really welcome, and the food was utterly fantastic.

The hotel is set in the quaint Dorset village of Corfe Castle, which is certainly worth exploring. It was a real treat to come back after a chilly trip around the (National Trust) castle to enjoy coffee served by a roaring log fire in the wood-panelled drawing room. Our accommodation (the Elizabethan Room) was warm and comfortable, with a wonderful four-poster bed, large sitting area and a great jacuzzi bath.

Highlight of the trip was most definitely the food - dinner was absolutely sublime! The kitchen and restaurant staff get top marks for a wonderful meal, beautifully presented. The choice of breads, all made on the premises, was fabulous. Breakfast was delicious, with a choice of hot dishes, from my husband's full Purbeck (like the full English, but with local ingredients) to my perfectly cooked scrambled eggs. My only reservation was the fruit juice, which could have been a litttle better quality.

For hospitality, comfort and a great dining experience, with a slice of English history thrown in, then Mortons House certainly delivers. We'll definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2010

My Husband booked us a lovely getaway last week for my bday, it was a great 2 day break at this lovely hotel. We stayed in Room 11 (basically he requested a room with a view), which is towards the back of the hotel, so it was lovely and quiet. What we loved most was the view of the Castle from the bathroom window and watching the Steam training going past from the bedroom window, it was great!!!. Steam train enthusiasts would love this room! This hotel has a homely feel and a great log fire to go with a beautiful area.

The purpose of our visit was for my birthday and i love blues, so we went to the Blues Festival in Swanage but we did manage to have dinner at the hotel on the first night of our stay. The food is really rather good and very reasonably priced considering it has 2 Rosettes. We noticed that they’d recently won a breakfast award and we have to say, very well deserved – everything cooked fresh to order.

I thought even though i didnt travel far, it was a great weekend away and a lovely hotel.

Friendly staff, lovely surroundings -we’ve already booked again for June!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2010

The room I stayed in was the most run down of any hotel or B&B I've ever stayed in, including those half the price! May be this room wasn't representative of the hotel as a whole (I was in room 11) but I would recommend against booking this hotel without asking to have a look at the rooms first. The en-suite bath was mended with plaster, there was a crack across the mirror on the vanity unit and the decor was very outdated, orange and yellow wallpaper, tired red carpets and dark coloured busy curtains and bed spread. The sloping ceiling was awkward, the TV was still analogue and the room size was small. None of this would have mattered if the room was not so expensive (£175 per night).

The service however was fantastic, staff were very pleasant and the dining experience was delightful. The food was brilliant and the wine delicious and the waiting room had a very cosy open fire where we were served drinks and had our order taken. I would certainly recommend splashing out on dinner here even if you don't stay at the hotel. The breakfast was the best I've ever had. It is definitely the staff that keep this place in business, they are all fantastic.

The location too is lovely; the hill over the road from Corfe Castle offers fantastic views of the coast of Poole, Brownsea Island and Bournemouth.

In summary this hotel was great fun and a lovely time was had by all, if you can book accommodation for £175 a night without flinching you should go for it. If you are splashing out on a rare treat may be consider staying in some of the near by cheaper B&Bs (The Banks?) and booking dinner here instead.

1  Thank LGLGLGLGLG
Reviewed 22 February 2010

We held a large family dinner in the private room at this hotel. The food was very good, the staff attentive and friendly, and the atmosphere warm and welcoming. Some visitors stayed overninght. The rooms were clean and well appointed, and everything worked. We had a view of the castle ruins from our room. There was no traffic noise and we enjoyed a peaceful night. Breakfast was a success. Despite living only 40 miles away my wife and I are already planning a weekend break there in the Spring!