“Nice relaxed campsite with friendly welcome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corfe Castle
Norden Farm Campsite
england
“Nice relaxed campsite with friendly welcome”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Really enjoyed this campsite. Although quite busy, we pitched all together in theTop field and there was plenty of space for everyone. The shop and reception staff were really friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. Would recommend this site and likely visit again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at Norden Farm campsite for the second time in two years... we loved it last year, so this year there was no question about where to stay.

It turned out we arrived two days early, some confusion between Mr & Mrs P about the dates booked! Anyway, the staff were very understanding and accommodated us - thanks!

The site itself is good for caravans, although I didn't pay much attention to the top field which I think is tents only? Anyway, we were in both Pond and Main Field this time (changed part way through to accommodate our date issues!).

Pond field is nice, with just a gentle slope on the lower pitches. The facilities (loos, showers etc.) are fine, although I wonder if there are enough for a full campsite? The showers were a little too hot for the kids though.

Main field is better in my opinion, the facilities there are much nicer, and I think less used. Things like temperature control on the shower for example. The pitch on main field was fine, although we noted that a couple of pitches nearby (into a corner) were rather cramped. We struggled to reach the electrical supply as there was just one for the corner we were in, but the site offered us (on payment of a deposit) an extension cable.

Overall, I'd say the site is very good, but perhaps could benefit from a little more space between the pitches in some locations. The play area for the children was good, but there aren't too many open spaces for general play (football, catch etc.).

The farm animals are fun for the kids to see, but remember this is a working farm so there is a certain aroma in the animal area, and I don't suggest you wear flip flops!

The shop (which this year is a major refurb on last year) was excellent. Lots of lovely fresh bread, meat, dairy etc. All sorts of other accessories, and fantastic pricing too. For example, we bought a pump for a dingy at Swanage beach for £6.50. The same pump in the campsite shop was £2.45! You win some, you lose some I guess?

They've also installed a WiFi service there, which requires a payment to use. Not sure if this is a Norden Farm service or an outsourced thing, but it worked OK. Given there was no 3G signal for us on either Vodafone or O2 (which I would expect given the location) the WiFi service became important for things like weather forecasts etc.

Room Tip: If you can get it, I suggest Main Field as the best location.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott P
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Have visited norden many years ago and remembered how nice it was the first time. This time I took my children, partner And my mum. Lovely clean site, wonderful to be able to interact with the animals, fish in the pond and you could do lots of lovely walks around surrounding areas etc. everything needed in the shop, childrens play area even a restaurant although we didn't go in there this time around. Staff were really nice and helpful too.
My only complaint really was the horrid burger van (which I know is outside contracted). £5 for an absolutely disgusting burger and a few very over cooked chips, I'm sorry to say I spent the next morning feeling very queasy and had to make more than several toilet visits!

I still wouldn't let it stop me going back though, INFACT can't wait until our next visit, thank you so much for lovely memories norden

Room Tip: Don't eat from the burger van (unless you want to be ill)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mollymoooldham
Where ever I lay my hat
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We decided to go away for my birthday weekend and after searching the area booked Norden farm, but then after reading some of the other reviews we were a little unsure about our choice. When we booked I spoke to Chris on the phone and he was very helpful and I informed him we weren't going to arrive until after 6 but he said that was fine upon arrival the reception desk was within a great campsite shop stocking everything you could need all at reasonable prices. we were sent up to the Top field and chose our spot the weather decided to turn for the worst but we had a great night at the entrance to the field was drinking water and around 100m from that was a purpose built building which housed washing up facilities as well as toilets and shower rooms which were all very clean and tidy. Just outside this building was a trailer which was serving freshly cooked breakfast rolls. On the walk down to the main reception there was plenty to see with goats and calves in pens as well as chickens and even peacocks roaming free our kids loved it. This was an excellent campsite and we will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Daddybear3
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights; lovely weather, clean facilities, great location. No complaints from us! Food van is handy for emergencies as is the well-stocked shop. Also nice to have a restaurant on site if you need it. Can't wait to return!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laura P
watford
Reviewed 15 July 2014

my wife and I stayed at norden farm last year and earlier this year ,first let me say what it says when you get there , this is a working farm so beware of children and animals running around,!!! we had plenty of rook to set up camp and the atmosphere was friendly from the staff , the site is well set up with all the usuall conveniences ,showers , washing facilities all kept very clean and up to date , there is a well appointed shop on site which caters for food and pet requirements , local attractions include a steam train service just a short walk away that takes you to Swanage, we have been twice and enjoyed it , friendly staff and lovely views including corfe castle , made this well worth another visit ,

Room Tip: if you go on the train to Swanage be sure to try the fish and chips ,
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WatfordTonypip
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked quite last-minute and was told there were very few pitches remaining so we were slightly worried about that we would get, but we were allocated an end pitch in the Donkey Field. On arrival as Reception was closed there was a sign asking us to phone the warden which we did, and he promptly appeared and guided us to our pitch. Pitch was spacious and clearly marked with plenty of room for parking the car.

The lovely weather did contribute to our great weekend but there is a lovely atmosphere about the site with lots going on. The animals add character, I particularly enjoyed watching the peacock appear in various different areas of the site over the weekend (!) and this morning we were treated to being able to watch the baby goats being fed in their little pen. The farm shop is great, a bit like a mini Mole Valley Farmers, with everything you need plus lots more. There is a restaurant on site which we didn't visit, but we did visit the tea bar in the Pond Field which was handy! I noticed the shop offered lots of extras like phone charging, ice blocks etc all at really reasonable prices. Showers and toilets clean and spacious and plenty of staff around who are really helpful. Pooch Parlour made us laugh - a fully kitted-out room with steps up into a little shower platform especially for dogs!

We visited Wareham, Corfe Castle and Swanage during our stay, wished we'd tried the on-site restaurant as it looked lovely.

Loved camping here, as did many others as it was a busy site which gets booked up quickly it seems, already planning our return.

Room Tip: Donkey Field seems a good location close to shower block.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ammonite Bed & Breakfast
Ammonite Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 10 in Corfe Castle
Rockley Park Holiday Park - Haven

Been to Norden Farm Campsite? Share your experiences!