“Excellent value”
Review of The Kings Arms Inn

The Kings Arms Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gillingham
The Kings Arms Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gillingham
Dorset, UK
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Sunday carvery proved to be an excellent choice. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the service was excellent and most important the food was beautifully cooked. The meats offered are cooked and presented superbly, beef is offered either from a rare joint or a well done joint. Vegetables were a delight, the roast potatos were crispy ,parsnips really great and all other veg offered in good condition and in no way "stewed" or "dried up" warming lights.
Seating is comfortable and there is an impression of space around the tables.
Ok it is no longer a traditional country pub, but there is a reasonable range of drinks on offer and there is a small bar away from the dining area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We spent 2 nights here while visiting friends in the area. Rooms were nice and warm (it was January) and nice hot shower. Room was comfortable and well decorated. Hearty breakfast! It was what we needed for the short visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LiveWorkTravel
Bearsted
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This was our first visit to the restaurant whilst visiting relations in Shaftesbury. Our relations had booked a table for our party of 7 but when we arrived, it seemed a double booking situation had arisen and the staff had to hastily arrange a table for us in the bar area. We chose the carvery and there was a choice of 4 meats with a good and varied selection of vegetables. The foot was hot and of a good standard although at £9.95 (Sunday price), we thought it was slightly overpriced. We would be happy to return there on another occasion though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I live in cambourne Cambridgeshire, and I travel to dorset to visit family being a chef myself I have great interest in restaurants and hotels around the country and I must say this one really has stuck out to me I have visited the kings arms for a meal twice now and I always come back home with nothing but good things to say about it. Waitresses are kind and professional and the food is outstanding!! Really is an all round 5 star expeiriance I can't wait to go back!!!!

Sophie Littlechild
Age 18

• Stayed November 2011
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My Father (85) and I were given a very warm welcome, like we were old friends
The service was excellent, friendly and informative, the food was absolutely exquisite.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
south west England
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Had lunch here today with a couple of friends. We all enjoyed our meals, 1 fish pie, 1 pork wellington and 1 beef and haggis wellington. I was pleased to be served fresh vegetables and the sevice was fine,even though they were busy. I am fussy and the only slight critisism i could make was that I would have liked a little more of the delicious whisky gravey, however I did not ask for more if i had maybe I could of had more ! The dining room also seemed well cleaned and in good decorative order. Thank you for a lovely lunch.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The owners of this fantastic restaurant need to put up a separate listing on Trip Advisor so it can be rated as a restaurant rather than an Inn/Pub. I always visit this restaurant when at my parents house in Cann nearby. The food is excellent - lunches are amazing value with £5 and £6 mains on offer everyday with a full a la carte and specials menu too if you fancy spending more.

The food is presented beautifully, cooked to perfection and served by friendly (albeit busy) waitresses. If you want a table for lunch you probably need to book it is always crammed full (which is why I think a separate listing as a restaurant is much needed). Have not visited it in the evening so cannot comment how busy the evenings are.

It is definitely a 'restaurant' rather than a pub, but the food prices are really extremely reasonable - my parents and I regularly have three mains and three drinks (alcoholic) for less than £24. I have taken them to various other garden centres, pubs/restaurants but this is far and away the best food and value for money to boot! I have now eaten here regularly over the last 12 months and have not had one meal that I would not be happy to be served again.

We will no doubt be back every time I am in the area.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gillingham
The Grosvenor Arms
#1 of 7 in Wincanton
Castleton House
Castleton House
#1 of 2 in Mere

Been to The Kings Arms Inn? Share your experiences!