“Top Notch Pub. You have to go a long way to better it” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Kings Arms
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Gillingham
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Top Notch Pub. You have to go a long way to better it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Would I return to this restaurant again - You bet I would!!

What a wonderful meal, tastefully presented and excellent value for money.

My wife and I decided to pop in to The Kings Arms for lunch today. The choice on the menu and specials were, as usual interesting and great value for money. They do a lunch time special where the main meals cost £6, £7, £8 or off the standard menu.

My wife had a flaked Salmon and prawn salad with coleslaw, salad dressing, boiled new potatoes and bread roll and butter. I had Pork Belly on mash with apple topped with black pudding with boiled new potatoes and seasonal vegetables. These two courses were from the specials menu.

The food was very well presented aand very tasty. Served by a friendly staff.

For pudding we couldn't manage a pudding each so decided to go for an Eton Mess - with two spoons please. The waitress asked whether we would like the kitchen to split the pudding into 2 separate dishes which they did. It saved me being accused of hogging the sweet!!

Again, The Kings Arms has surpassed our expectations and we can't rate them, the food or the staff highly enough.

Thank you very much and we will be back..............

1 Thank kernowlad2011

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“fantastic carvery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

called in by chance one sunday it was very busy, we had heard about the carvery , they found us a table in between sittings all 4 of us had the carvery and yes it was the best carvery I had ever had in a pub , good atmosphere, cant wait to try the menu will go back.

Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“A great experience, again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The menu is imaginative, the food is excellent, the ambience is wonderful. There's not a lot to criticise with this restaurant. Whether its for a romantic meal or to celebrate with friends, I can't think of a better place in the region. Yes, there is one complaint; after eating a starter and main course, I'm always too full to enjoy the wonderful deserts! But that won't stop me coming back, maybe I'll start with a dessert next time?

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Busy for a reason”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Been here a couple of times now and it is good on all counts. The inside is modern and clean and the staff are friendly. The menu is extensive and the specials boards interesting and regularly changing. You are warned of a wait when your food is cooked to order and in my experience their estimation is usually pretty spot on. My children both ordered curry on my most recent visit and both found it too spicy when this was mentioned in passing to the waitress the cost of one of the meals was removed from the bill, which we thought was very decent of them indeed. The place is always busy but the staff never seem overwhelmed and I have never waited an unacceptable time for food. This will continue to be a regular lunch spot for my family, they seem to be getting it just right.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Peanuts1010
Berkshire, England
“very friendly service, great food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We called in here to get a meal and they kindly gave us a table although they were busy. We expected a wait but we did not have to wait long for our food and the staff were most helpful and we obviously mattered to them. The food was very tasty, there was an interesting menu with some good choices, the children had a good selection too.
We will be back as this pub is outstanding in terms of service and food quality. It makes a nice change !
If the KIngs Arms read this I want to say thank you as they went the extra mile when they were really busy.

• Visited May 2014