“A little Pricey but well worth it”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Gillingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A lovely little pub and a great find for a hungry traveller
Really good food - I had the steak with Haggis and whisky sauce (yes I think the pub is Scottish run) - all superb especially the slice of haggis which I have never tried before - delicious!

The only thing to say is this is really a restaurant not a pub - the bar area is very small and is used as part of the restaurant too.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Please dont think this is a pub, the food is of an extremely hugh quality, and sells a good variety of drinks. Perfectly cooked meat, fantastic servicr, this place is busy for a reason. Couples, families, parties would all feel welcome, any special occasion I enquire here about spaces, top notch.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Would I return to this restaurant again - You bet I would!!

What a wonderful meal, tastefully presented and excellent value for money.

My wife and I decided to pop in to The Kings Arms for lunch today. The choice on the menu and specials were, as usual interesting and great value for money. They do a lunch time special where the main meals cost £6, £7, £8 or off the standard menu.

My wife had a flaked Salmon and prawn salad with coleslaw, salad dressing, boiled new potatoes and bread roll and butter. I had Pork Belly on mash with apple topped with black pudding with boiled new potatoes and seasonal vegetables. These two courses were from the specials menu.

The food was very well presented aand very tasty. Served by a friendly staff.

For pudding we couldn't manage a pudding each so decided to go for an Eton Mess - with two spoons please. The waitress asked whether we would like the kitchen to split the pudding into 2 separate dishes which they did. It saved me being accused of hogging the sweet!!

Again, The Kings Arms has surpassed our expectations and we can't rate them, the food or the staff highly enough.

Thank you very much and we will be back..............

1  Thank kernowlad2011
Reviewed 14 June 2014

called in by chance one sunday it was very busy, we had heard about the carvery , they found us a table in between sittings all 4 of us had the carvery and yes it was the best carvery I had ever had in a pub , good atmosphere, cant wait to try the menu will go back.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The menu is imaginative, the food is excellent, the ambience is wonderful. There's not a lot to criticise with this restaurant. Whether its for a romantic meal or to celebrate with friends, I can't think of a better place in the region. Yes, there is one complaint; after eating a starter and main course, I'm always too full to enjoy the wonderful deserts! But that won't stop me coming back, maybe I'll start with a dessert next time?