“Well run family restaurant”

Ristorante Da Massimo
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Gillingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Went here last night for my birthday celebration with a crowd of friends. very attentive service from two charming young men, they worked very hard to make my evening special. Food was very good, nice choice of well prepared Italian dishes and a small wine list at very good prices. My only complaint if you can call it that is portions are very large! I could not do justice to my very yummy pork in marsala sauce. Very good garlic bread to, ate to much of that.

It's nice that Gillingham at long last has somewhere decent to eat, so I hope this restaurant lasts. Judging by the fact you have to booked well in advance shows I am not the only one who likes this place.

Thanks once again Da Massimo you made my birthday special.

1  Thank Nicholadorset

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Food is great it is what the menu says starters are starters Pastas are excellent Pizzas look very appestising and the Main course to die for. Did not try sweets as too full with a starter and a pasta and last time with a starter and a main. Quite a small number of covers so it will get busy as it gets more popular run by Italian father and two sons. Go there

1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Called for lunch, without pre-booking. Good ambience; service reasonably swift, and the lunch excellent. Pasta cooked to perfection, seafood and sauce tasty without being overpowering. Altogether a very good experience.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We finally managed to get a booking for 4 of us during the week. This a really good Italian Restaurant which serves generous sized portions of good quality fresh food at a sensible price. Service from the two brothers is very good and attentive. This restaurant is well worth a visit but a booking is essential.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have visited this restaurant twice now, and enjoyed it both times. Gillingham really needs this quality of eaterie. The service was possibly over-attentive - we were asked four times in the space of 15 minutes whether everything was all right. An extensive menu, wholly authentic, I'm sure. The lasagne, pizzas and tiramisu are extremely tasty, and everything well priced. Gluten free is not currently catered for, sadly, but if you take your own GF pasta they will prepare it for you. Having just returned from Italy, we came across many restaurants offering GF options, so if it can be done in the Land of Pasta and Pizza, it must surely be capable of being offered closer to home. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Peter M