All reviews pay and display car park room was clean budget hotel polite and helpful staff recently stayed at this hotel rooms are basic diving trip would stay here again single room stayed one night portland castle tea and coffee making facilities good nights sleep chesil beach short stay a lovely stay lovely view
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Got to be the most friendly staff of any hotel I have ever been to.food closes 9 pm at 2 minutes to 9 .I walked in and got a very warm reception.meal very good at a decent price.good bar food.wide choice for breakfast.room clean

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

This was the 2nd trip to the Isle of Portland for my girlfriend and I and we found this hotel disappointing and not value for money.

Although the staff were very polite and courteous and the room clean, there were several issues with our stay:

The taps would only run very hot water (Even the cold tap), the shower head clip was broken which left the head hanging limpy, one of the side table lights did not work, the cards used to control the electricity were cut up pieces of random plastic, at night the ?boiler was very loud, breakfast was cold and very greasy and (Although perhaps not a fault of Hotel Aqua) there was a lot of building work next door which caused a nail to go into my car tyre and cause a puncture.

All in all I thought this Hotel was very expensive for the experience provided and would not come back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with work. It's right on the front in the harbour and overlooks the sea.
The bedroom was really clean and bright, bathroom big and clean.
Looks quite "hostel like" but look beyond that.
I was travelling alone and felt safe. Meals can be bought in the cafe which opens at 7.30 am.
Lovely pleasant staff.
Does what it says on the tin.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EllenJo2013
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Budget hotel very close to the cruise terminal. Food was very good, both dinner and breakfast(breakfast was in the nightly rate).
The rooms were small and basic but they were very clean and the beds were comfortable.
I knew what to expect from the genre of hotel and so it turned out.
But for an overnight stay it was ideal.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff F
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Spent a Saturday night with my wife in April. Good location, and very helpful members of staff. We had a nice breakfast, and the lady helped throughout the time.
Room was nice, clean and tidy. We had an ocean view room. Room price was reasonable. They have a restaurant and other takeaway restaurants are nearby, too, 3/4 within around half mile.

Room Tip: Parking can be difficult sometimes, may need to park at paid the public car park (6pm to 8am is free)
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
TheAquaPortland, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us a review, Shakeosm. We're glad you enjoyed yourselves. Come back and see us again soon!