Just a few lines to counter some of the other remarks on here - as they nearly dissuaded me from booking!
I stayed one night only while visiting a local company on business. As everybody agrees, this hotel's elevated location and views towards Chesil Beach and England (!) are exceptional. Parking is convenient and the automatic doors to Reception are very handy if carrying baggage. Yes, the building has a 1970s ambience - even a faintly 'temporary' feel - but somehow the latter feels in character with the remoteness of the location. Other than battered door paintwork in the corridor to the downstairs bedroom, and an odd disinfectant/air freshener smell en route, no complaints about the building. In fact the restaurant and bar area is as nice as you will find, and as said the vista is breathtaking.
A so-called 'small double room' was not unduly small but featured only a shower in the bathroom. This facility worked extremely well though. Light levels a bit marginal for shaving. The bed mattress was exceptionally comfy and noise overnight was nil.
The staff, seemingly all female, were certainly unobstrusive but at Reception and in the Dining Room everybody was perfectly attentive, friendly and efficient. A three course evening meal and breakfast proved very good indeed... other than the coffee pot at the table being overdue a deep clean!
In sum, all boxes ticked for my purpose and I would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset