We had originally looked at the chain hotels but didn't like the locations so we looked on Portland itself and despite some of the reviews chose The Heights. Despite a slightly tired exterior the spectacular views from the restaurant and delicious food that evening confirmed we had made the right choice. It is obviously a popular place to eat and stay as the restaurant filled up whilst we were eating. We were glad we booked a table when we checked in.
Staff were pleasant and the room clean and comfortable. An 'info manual', as mentioned by another reviewer, showing restaurant times, additional services etc would have been useful in the room.
The breakfast buffet provided us with a multitude of choices, cereals/fruit/yogurts/muffins and a full range of the usual cooked breakfast items. Once again we took our time enjoying the view on a bright sunny morning.
Definitely would stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset