My daughter and I booked a three night break at this hotel.
We were expecting a comfortable three star hotel complete with pool and spa.
The exterior is very grim and on arrival we were told the pool was not in use and we discovered there were no spa facilities just three tired gym machines!
The room was very clean and the beds comfortable, however, the decor throughout the hotel dated.
We ate breakfast as it was included in our room package; the fruit selection was good but the hot buffet was unappetising having been prepared well in advance of the guests and left standing under heat lamps. We did not feel confident enough to try dinner.
I can only assume the hotel got it's stars for the view, as the hotel had little else to offer, although it does have potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset