We booked 4 rooms for the August Bank Holiday 2014 weekend.
- Check in wasn't smooth as one of the receptionists wasn't very pleasant to speak to or offer help. At the same time, the 2nd receptionist was very amiable and good, however wasn't allowed to speak much.
- The 2nd good receptionist later helped us with the itinerary of the day to spend around Chesil Beach, where to park the car, location of good Indian and Chinese Restaurants etc.
- Swimming Pool is under refurbishment.
- Views of the Jurassic Coast and Chesil Beach and the Olympic rings offer stunning views.
- Breakfast in the morning was quite nice with regular English breakfast options available. Omelettes were done on order., however took ages to get toasts etc being served on the table. Views from the restaurant are also very good.
- Rooms were usual, nice, comfy and big beds. Bathrooms were clean as well.
- Hotel is 5 miles from Weymouth town and beach. Its around 20 miles from Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove.
- Free Wi-Fi
- On the 2nd night, we 6 people were sitting in a room - just talking and not making a lot noise, when we were rather rudely warned by a hotel staff to either not talk at all in the room or come down in the reception and continue our talks. It wasn't a very pleasant scene!
So - the hotel has all its positives - the views, location, Isle of Portlandy thing - My rating is 3 because of attitude of a few staff out there. Rest all good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset