“Hack”
Review of Studland Stables

Studland Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: A friendly trekking centre, near the beach, on the Dorset coast. Great forward going rides for experienced riders and safe picturesque rides for beginners.
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a brilliant 1 hour hack on the heathland, it was raining but the views were still amazing. I rode a horse called Whiskey who really looked after me and my daughter rode his friend called Scrumpy who was very sure footed and safe too. Had some brilliant canters up the hills and all the horses were very well behaved. Staff were very pleasant, especially Stuart who was very helpful. Will definitely be returning for a longer ride next time!

1  Thank Della J
"hour beach ride"
in 7 reviews
"birthday surprise"
in 5 reviews
"staff were very friendly"
in 9 reviews
"walk trot"
in 4 reviews
"amazing weekend"
in 3 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"old harry rocks"
in 16 reviews
"lucky with the weather"
"amazing views"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My 7 year old and I had a ride which was well managed and enjoyed. My daughter was led by one of the staff and I was on a horse too. The views are stunning. The problem came on our return to the stables later in the week for my 5 year old. She was on a horse and at the last minute my husband opted for a ride too. The stables could accommodate him but then it was assumed I would lead my 5 year old. I was unaware of this and had my older child with me too. I am not confident with horses. My daughter's horse was at the back of the group and the leader was at the front on horseback. The trouble came about 5 minutes into the ride when the horse got spooked, put the brakes on and refused to move for about 5 - 10 minutes. I sent my older daughter (on foot) to chase after the leader to come and help. My daughter returned to say that they had all gone ahead and she could not find them. We stayed put and after some time I decided to see whether the horse would agree to move for home. After some time he finally moved to go back to the stables. Back at the group, my husband had noticed we were missing and implored the leader to turn back for us. The leader came back and we coaxed the horse to carry on. By that time I was very fed up by trying to pretend to my 5 year old that all was ok. The horse did not respond to instructions most of the way round and it was with great relief that we arrived at the stables an hour later. Never again!

1  Thank Meersy77
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have ridden with Studland Stables a few times now and each time i have been treated like a friend. Each ride is different, the scenery is wonderful but the experience is the same. All the horses are well behaved and respond well. I look forward to riding every time i visit Dorset. Sally.

1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a fantastic ride yesterday. We opted for the two hour hack to Old Harry. As the weather was good, we had fabulous clear views from the top and lots of wonderful, long canters.
We both thoroughly enjoyed it. The horses were great and Danni who took us out, was really good. She kept asking if we were all okay and gave us a safety briefing before we had our first canter. She was fun and bubbly and made the whole experience extra special. We shall definitely be back and would thoroughly recommend it. You can't beat going flat out on a lovely horse with the wind in your hair. It certainly blows away the cobwebs!!

1  Thank Louise S