Knoll House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Pig on the Beach(Studland Bay)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewsenid blytonpirate shipmeal timesoutdoor pooladventure playgroundstudland bayfamily hotelholiday campgames roomtennis courtspitch and puttbygone agesteam roomcourtyard roomkids diningnational trustlarge balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We live in Bournemouth so we are fairly local to this hotel but we decided to treat ourselves to a couple of nights here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we loved it. It is a really interesting place, the public rooms are a bit old fashioned, quirky and full of character. The bed room we had was very stylish as it had recently been refurbished. The staff are amazing. You are made to feel at home the moment you walk through the door. We had our very old dog with us and everybody was so kind to him! The food is also excellent, especially the puddings! We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank elaine37
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel is extremely family friendly offering a range of services to keep a family happy. If you have young children then they can eat in the children's dining room where you are served tea/coffee while you are sitting with them! You can then go to the adult dining room knowing that they are safe as there is a babysitter outside there room listening for any disturbances. They will inform you immediately if there is any disturbances. We used this service every night and was extremely useful for us.

Also there is a large playground with a pirate ship in it, a zip wire, main climbing frame and a baby swing. This was great for the kids to play in!! There was also an indoor games room with table-tennis, table football and many other games in. Also tennis and golf courts.

The pool is great and warm with and inside spar. There is an indoor and outdoor hot tub which is great for relaxing in. There is also a shallow pool for the younger kids, however there is no life-guard. I would thurourly recommend this hotel to any family with children and of whatever age. It is in a great spot with a 3min walk to the beach!!

Room Tip: The room on the front of the hotel have a great view of the beach and old harry's rocks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ella S
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Old fashioned, beautiful service, beautiful views. Lush, generous tea, roaring fire. Just how a hotel should be!!! Suits my vintage soul perfectly. We shall return. Have now achieved a long time ambition to visit this hotel. A much valued replacement for the much lamented manor!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank indy010
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Knoll house hotel is a very special place and so refreshing in our world of chains, boutiques, pre packaged 'luxury' and the bland demands of our star obsessed rating system. My father passed this hotel in the mid 1930's as a 12 year old whilst on family camping trips nearby and promised himself to bring his children to this hotel. He kept that promise and I first visited as a very young boy in the 60's. Now I take my young children and it is their favorite place to be. Its such a family favorite we spent our 10 year wedding anniversary there too. I celebrate it's difference, its independance and its confidence in sticking to what it does best. Personally I don't want a TV flickering in my room streaming latest news, I would far rather a hot pot of tea delivered fresh to my door as I awake by a smiling person than a make your own array of herbal and fruit infusions and a fiddly plastic kettel. I love the trust and high staff ratios that allow room keys to be dispnsed with. The meal times that ensure what is served in the buffett has only just arrived, food is fresh and staff can rotate and rest. I could go on about so many details that mark out knoll house as different for all the best reasons. If you want personal, different, unique, with a family focus in a hotel set in a truly stunning location, I would thorougly recomend Knoll House.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank jupyy
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Spur of the moment long weekend! First impressions are that its a bit dated but actually its a charming, slightly quirky hotel. Staff are very helpful, room was lovely (couldn't get a sea-view room but that was because we only booked the day before we went). Room was spotlessly clean. Food was very good. There was a power cut affecting the area on our first night but the staff managed to serve a superb meal thanks to the back up generator. Location and hotel facilities are A1. Yes it's quite expensive but well worth it.

Room Tip: I'm sure the sea-view rooms are brilliant. Will try to get one next time
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple