“stunned”

The Pig on the beach
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Uncomplicated and simple British garden food, true to the micro seasons and influenced by the coast, with the emphasis squarely on fresh, clean flavours. What can't be grown in theKitchen Garden, or in the extensive vegetable and fruit beds, is sourced locally.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“stunned”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Accidentally discovered this place when i went for a bike ride. Its beautiful, inside and out. I didnt get a chance to dine in the restaurant because i wasn't booked but they serve flatbreads and drinks in the garden which was lovely, and the 360 deg views around me, im stunned, just lush! i will get some friends next time to experience what i just had.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
london
“Non-resident--no coffee! Inflexible and pretentious!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After visiting Pig in the Forest we were excited at the prospect of going to Pig on the Beach! However, although the refurbishment has the wonderful feel and look of the Pig Brand the service and philosophy was way below expectations. having arrived at 13.15 we were told that the snacks-flatbreads and sandwiches were not available until 14.30--but we were able to order Piggybits. This we did plus our drinks and also tried to order Bread and oil--no go--only enough bread baked for the restaurant guests! Then, after our lunch I tried to order a coffee and tea--first question--was i a resident--wahen i answered in the negative was told no coffee or teas can be served to non-residents. Unbelievable! When i stated that Pig in the Forest served coffee etc..I was told how much more popular Pig on the beach was and they were not able to cope with serving coffees.
This was preposterous as when we arrived there were 8 people sitting in the gardens and two staff to serve them!
When I discussed this with the receptionist she said "we only serve naughty drinks"--again unbelievable. I saw cakes on the side and asked if there was any afternoon teas served--again a negative!
We decided not to pay the 12 1/2 % discretionary charge put onto the bill and walked back on the beach to drink an amazing Illy coffee at Shell bay restaurant--where we heard further negative feedback from guests there about their Pig experience.
What a shame!
Hope that the Pig owners get off their massive ego-trip and start pleasing their customers.

8 Thank lexiegr
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We've been to The Pig in Brockenhurst and loved it so we were very excited to try The Pig on the Beach. It is set in a fantastic location looking over to Old Harry's Rock. We had flatbreads and a drink in the garden. They were really delicious. I would love to go back to try the actual restaurant. The gardens are beautiful and it was very relaxing sitting having a drink there. The services was very good and everyone was very friendly and helpful. We'll be back.

London, United Kingdom
“Go quickly - if you can”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Oh my oh my, I am so pleased I finally got in for lunch - what a real treat. From the rosemary olive oil, smoked salt to the sugar cubes, urn of hot milk and coffee this lunch was a pure delight. I took a tour of the menu, chipolatas and onion relish pollock goujons and kethchup, a lamb tongues and broad bean salad, cuttle fish and chorizo salad. Scrumptious and served with a delicacy and finesse hitherto unsurpassed in Dorset. Then there is the view, the kitchen garden and the mojitos ! I booked in again before I left - I mean it would be rude not to.

• Visited June 2014