“Welcoming, good food, lovely people and comfy comfy bed”
Review of The Fiddleford Inn

The Fiddleford Inn
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Landlord and lady are welcoming and do everything they can to make your stay a pleasure. Those looking for 5 star glitz stay away!!! This is a treasure of a place that is warm and friendly without all the horrible trappings of a seen-to-be-doing place. Food is good pub food and they will accommodate special diets. The staff are friendly, polite and make it a relaxed and pleasurable visit. And the best bit is that if you are a visitor happy to enjoy the local spirit you can not go far wrong. 100% brill.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie C
There are newer reviews for The Fiddleford Inn

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The Fiddleford has had it's ups and downs over the years but I would encourage people to visit. As someone who regularly eats out sampling many of the public houses in and around the Blandford area, I would probably rate the food served here as the best. Well cooked, fresh and very large portions are not the only surprise. The menu choice is extensive and kept simple by keeping all the meals the same reasonably price. The service is friendly, the bar area generally quiet with a few locals and normally plenty of room to sit down comfortably. With plenty of car parking, and not far from the 'Trailway' this quiet, friendly pub deserves more attention from locals and passing trade, though not at the expense of our not being able to get a seat!! Well worth a visit..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AKDDorset
Reviewed 12 January 2013

There seemed to be a mix-up with the booking, and I was not expected when I arrived. I was told a room was available & it would take maybe 40 minutes to get it ready. 1.5 hours later it was still not ready but I was allowed to put my luggage in it (I had been sat in the bar with it until then).

The heating was inadequate, the room was very cold. There was an extensive selection of spiders / dead insects / cobwebs. The bathroom had hairs in the plughole. When the noise of voices in the bar below went quiet at about 11.30pm the music was suddenly turned up & kept me awake until 1.30am.

The food & beer was good though.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Ten years or so ago, I was living in Blandford forum which is where I met my now-wife. On summer evenings we used to go to the Fiddleford Inn but then moved out of the area. This year we returned for a holiday and visited Fiddleford on one of the few days when it wasn't raining. It was us, our daughter, and daughter's friend - aged 9 and 7. I was concerned that it wasn't going to be a nice as remembered, but it was. The music played in the bar was a bit awful, but that was a minor thing. We'd never eaten there before, but the food was really very nice. The girls both had lasagne, which looked agreeably home made and was pronounced delicious. My wife started with mushrooms in cream and stilton, and I had pate, both of which were very nice. My beef strogannoff main course was better than her fish cakes, I think, but they were both great and after a week of "pub food by numbers" (and a truly awful experience in Wareham) it was so nice to have something cooked - properly cooked, not just reheated - on site. By this stage the girls were playing in the large, secure garden.
I was concerned that somewhere I had fond memories of was going to have changed into something else over the last 10 years, but it hadn't, it was a very nice visit. The total, including a couple of pints for us and soft drinks for the offspring, was about £50.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We are members of a walking group. It was our privilege to be the walk organizers for our monthly ramble. We usually start and finish at a public house. Having decided upon a walk around Fiddleford and Broad Oak we were fortunate enough to discover 'The Fiddleford Inn'. The host could not have been more obliging to accommodate our party of some 40 members. After an enjoyable walk an excellent meal was provided. Well done to the Fiddleford Inn. wwramblers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Just had a fantastic four night break-great food-massive breakfast-great service,very friendly staff. Clive and Arlene great hosts. Loved the sausage & mash on Tuesday night,steak night was also great-excellent value all round. Looking forward to our next visit

Room Tip: All rooms great. We had room 2 and the four poster bed was so comfy you didnt want to get out of it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viv g
Reviewed 17 January 2012

we stayed at the fiddleford overnighst on the 13th/14th jan, and i must stay it was lovely. from the real log fire to the friendly service we enjoyed our stay from start to finish.
We arrived on the friday night to the real log fire and a very welcome greeting. After filling our our information form we were shown to our room which was clean and bright.
We booked dinner for 730pm and were served before 8pm. On the saturday we met up with friends and enjoyed the traikway walk in to the local town of Sturminster Newton, unpon our return(we were a little late for lunch) we were catered for with lunch and enjoyed a few local beers. We booked dinner for 730pm and were proply serve by a young, but very completent waitress called kyla. My husband enjoyed, but struggled to finsh, the mixed grill! I must say the steak and ale pie must be tried!
Breakfast is served at the time decided by the guest and consisted of every thing you could you could want, we had black pudding, mushrooms toast and bacon n eggs. juice, tea, coffee and even hot choc for the babe. I say babe she is 6!!
all in all a very enjoyable, quaint, rural stay in the counrty. cant wait to return very soon. ashlee hampshire

Room Tip: room 1 has a living room and bedroom. this is the family room. although the sigle bed is in the livi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Best Western Shaftesbury The Royal Chase Hotel
Manston Guest House
Manston Guest House
#3 of 14 in Sturminster Newton

Been to The Fiddleford Inn? Share your experiences!