“3.5 stars”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Very reasonably priced & located near the river. As has been previously said an old fashioned interior, but very friendly hosts.
My wife's starter of seafood salad was a disappointment, so close to the sea but it appeared to be tinned seafood. I had a good old fashioned prawn cocktail, which I was very pleased with...but a bit of bread with it would have been nice.
Followed by cannelloni which again I thoroughly enjoyed. Chicken cacciatore was fine, but not brilliant.
Desert was enjoyable, but bought in as could be clearly seen from a different menu supplied by a wholesaler near Portsmouth...bit of a shame.
Tripadvisor's ratings go from 3 (average), to 4 (very good)....we feel it fell somewhere inbetween. Certainly we had a pleasant enough evening & you can see there are plenty of locals giving repeat business.

1  Thank ningaloo25

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Really nice food and great service, certainly worth a try. The service was quick and the people were friendly, which went well with the tasty food.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Food and service was quick and friendly, the owner served us with cheeky banter. Food was plentiful and very tasty

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Was full by 7 pm on a Thursday evening, mostly locals. That says it all really. Excellent food. The Fileto al fungi was delicious. The decor was very old fashioned but I like that personally, the food is more important and it was great. The seafood salad could have been frozen/thawed otherwise I would have given top score. Would recommend the house red.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I enjoy a good steak. Having being fortunate in being well travelled, I've tasted a few. I cannot begin to tell you how how much I enjoyed, in fact the word enjoyed does not do this experience justice . This was the FINEST steak I have ever had. The owner/waiter is a very likeable host & like his decor is 100% Italian