“Highly recommended”
Review of Gold Court House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wareham
Gold Court House
Ranked #11 of 23 Wareham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Have just stayed for two nights at Goldcourt House and was very impressed! From the moment I arrived and was greeted with tea and biscuits, Michael and Anthea made me feel very welcome and that nothing was too much trouble for them. I chose Wareham as a base for my short cycling holiday and was very grateful for the advice and guidance that the Hipwells offered as to the best routes and places to visit. The breakfasts were fantastic, the house was lovely and being able to rest in the garden was great after a long ride (again with more tea and biscuits!) The house is also very well located, just a minute or two away on foot from the centre of the town. If you are thinking of staying in Wareham, then I would thoroughly recommend the Goldcourt.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank thommo 1
There are newer reviews for Gold Court House

Reviewed 11 February 2011

I spent one night at Gold Court House and it was delightful. The house itself is a charming historical building in central Wareham, and inside is peaceful and elegant and you feel like you could be in the middle of nowhere. My room was clean, spacious and well equipped, with a bathroom to myself and thoughtful touches like a bottle of water and bubble bath left easily to hand. The Hipwells are genuinely dedicated to ensuring you have a top class stay, and you are made to feel instantly welcome by them. Breakfast is served in a bright dining room overlooking the walled gardens, and has everything you could want for a great start to the day - including Anthea's gorgeous home made jams. I would highly recommend this as a charming base for exploring the Purbeck countryside and Jurassic coast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank LottieFox
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Anthea and Michael Hipwell created a home from home for my mother and me in this attractive Georgian townhouse B&B. We had a lovely spacious, light, twin room 'suite', and could come and go as we pleased. The highlight being the elegant dining room for our delicious fruit-laden breakfasts. Bathroom not ultra modern but all to ourselves. A pretty rose garden (a bit chilly when we went) idyllic for a quiet read. Very hospitable people who ensured we had what we needed, knew where to eat and how to make the most of our stay. Quiet, small-town location a stone's throw from the old river port. Easy to access Dorset villages, manor houses (e.g. Athelhampton), beaches etc. Lovely!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank LadyPensmith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
The Priory Hotel
#9 of 23 in Wareham
The Black Bear Hotel
The Black Bear Hotel
#22 of 23 in Wareham

Been to Gold Court House? Share your experiences!