“Small but beautiful...”

Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Small but beautiful...”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A real treat, warm super friendly staff, really amazing Venison sandwich, knowledgable and smiley team. 100%. Would definitely go again.

Visited August 2014

Briport
“Good fresh food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had eaten at The Salt Pig once before, but not for a while. However, last Sunday approaching Wareham at almost 2pm we realised that it would be 2 hours before we would be able to eat at home, so stopped for lunch at The Salt Pig. The place was busy and we had the last table. Lunch was mainly a carvery and as the food for the people at the table in the window was being prepared, we were able to see what was on offer.
All the meat (rare breed roast pork, roast leg of lamb and roast beef) was reared on their own farm and as the beef was being served rare, we both opted for that and it proved to be a very wise choice, as it was tender and really flavoursome.
There were about 25 covers in the restaurant, so having all 3 meat options available was somewhat unusual. Service had been going on for some time, so one might have expected the food to be cold, but not the case. The meat was served with roast potatoes (2) and a Yorkshire pudding, the vegetables coming separately.
It is always difficult to have veg available at short notice, but when they are carrots or cauliflower cheese, they are almost impossible to over cook. Not so teh case with cabbage, which takes on a tired green-brown hue - as in this case.
Two other minor problems, serving spoons had to be asked for to serve the veg and no horesradish sauce was offered.
Despite the carping, the visit was thoroughly enjoyed and we will return again.

• Visited August 2014
London
“Amazing Butcher and Deli”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is the second time I have been here, I came last year and thought I have to go back this year, last year we ate there and it was very tasty because they used the Longhorn beef from the butcher there. This year we just brought some meat and other bits and it was all totally amazing tasty food. The Longhorn beef is so good. The lamb is delicious too, the smoked salmon bits where the best I have had in a long time. The sausages are delicious too. I brought some ready marinated chicken thighs and that was really tasty! I got some smoked cheese and another cheddar that they recommended to me and it was sooo amazing! I also had some dried smoked cherry tomatoes in oil, wow, nice. I can't remember what else I got but I would highly recommend you stop off there on your way to Dorset.

I love finding places that care about quality proper food.

It should be possible to review the deli separate to the cooked food restaurant really, but there you go.

• Visited July 2014
Luton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having had a lovely lunch today in theSalt Pig I was surprise to find out that I could take my well behaved dog in while we ate. The service was great and the food fabulous - excellent all round

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kezav
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Lunch was nice”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is an interesting shop to visit and eat at. My husband and I had a nice hot lunch but had to wait a while as the shop was busy. The choice was good and portions just right for lunch. The seating arrangement is a bit tightly placed in the front, having to move to let people in and out.

Visited May 2014