“Lovely food”

The Cock and Bottle
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cock and Bottle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We really enjoyed our food it was delicious and I am very fussy. Would definitely recommend and if we ever get back to Dorset this will be a place I would go back to. Top notch food.

2  Thank Elleode

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Fantastic Restaurant and Pub
New extensive which fits really nicely into the old part and in the summer it looks like the doors would come off so the whole of the back of the restaurant. Really needed as the seating for meals was quite small. Very Impressive!
The food as always were superb - great to see the Steak and Kidney suet pudding still retained after the change of ownership.
Brilliant as always!

1  Thank Franbud747
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After parking in the carpark was asked to move and park on the road to allow others in. What's the car park for then?

2  Thank Elia944
Paul S, Owner at The Cock and Bottle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, although you have not confirmed it I am guessing you were part of the running team that met here Sunday morning. It was agreed between us and the organiser that you could use our car park. We also opened our other facilities for your comfort. However apart from the runners family, friends and supporters arrived and there were in excess of thirty five cars parked. This left us with seven parking spaces for our fifty plus booked lunch guests. This was never agreed and we asked for some vehicles to be moved elsewhere, a request that I do not think was unreasonable. If you were one of our booked tables then I would like to apologise for the confusion and would appreciate it if you would contact me and I will be more than happy to discuss the matter with you.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I had the venison Wellington which was the best thing I've tasted in a long while. My godson had the suet steak and kidney pudding which he adored. Every table was nearly booked up, and we went on a Thursday lunchtime so word is clearly out on the street with this pub..

2  Thank kjb1801
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We will keep this pub restaurant in mind whenever we want someone else to cook for us. What a great find, this is what will help put Dorset on the map for visitors. Friendly service and charming setting. The food is fresh, well cooked and presented, we could not find any fault. What a pleasant stop and dog friendly. This establishment is thoroughly recommended and it is surprising that there are any negative reviews.

1  Thank elhem