“What pub these days does not accept children”

The silent Woman Inn
Ranked #26 of 62 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Chesterfield/Derbyshire
“What pub these days does not accept children”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This pub looks great, but they do not accept children, what pub these days does not. Our children eat out with us at least once a week at home so whilst on holiday perhaps even more. They know their manners and I can honestly say its the only pub I have ever known that do not accept children to eat with the parents. Don't go if you are a family. They must think that ALL children don't know how to eat out!!

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Tree53

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Family Meal”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

A superb meal with family: all of us had a different main which were all cooked beautifully. The wine was also very good and reasonably priced. The service was attentive throughout and we left very contented having eaten our fill.

Visited April 2014
“Quiet evening meal”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Have visited this pub on many occasion. Meal out was of high standard with pleasant staff serving. Nice touch landlord recognised us from a previous visit and refunded us with an overcharge that we had not even noticed

Visited March 2014
“Sad but true!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Went for a beautiful Sunday roast, beef was perfect, roast potatoes were divine. Service was great, if not a little rushed. Sadly I left my iPhone on the table when I left. 5 minutes later I went back to be told it was not there. Regrettably I had to pretend my phone was showing online as still being in the pub. The waiter then, as if by magic said he found it! He handed it to me mid way through the switching on sequence! Strange cos I left it on! You don't suppose it was in his pocket all the time do you!! I quietly spoke to the landlord who was shocked but very apologetic and said he would deal with it. It's a shame it has tainted an otherwise enjoyable Sunday lunch :-(

1 Thank Jeffrey C
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“Unfortunately, I can't be silent”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

It is rarely that I come home from a restaurant and feel the need to put pen to paper about something, however this is one such occasion. My husband and I have just returned from a meal at "The Silent Woman" and to say the experience was disappointing is an understatement.

We arrived, to a lovely well appointed pub/restaurant with well mannered obliging staff. Our expectations were raised and we looked forward to our meal..

I ordered scallops (starter) at £8.95 which when they arrived looked so unlike any scallop I had ever eaten. They were grey and swollen and when I tasted one, it was vile. I couldn't eat any more and returned them. The restaurant did however take them off the bill.

Main courses arrived and my husband had chicken which he described as ok, however my salmon (£15.95) was not good at all. It was full of bones and tasteless.

To summarise, this is probably one of the worst meals I have in a pub/restaurant in a long time.

This pub advertises bespoke cuisine, locally sourced but do not appear to be buying the quality ingredients to match. It also charges restaurant prices but falls way way below good restaurant quality.

The owners/chefs should visit "The Anchor" at Shapwick or the "The Langton Arms" similarly priced but with the quality to match.

5 Thank ann McC c