“Can't review as children not allowed”

The silent Woman Inn
Ranked #22 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are staying close by and the pub looked lovely so thought we would pop in for lunch. However upon entering and spotting our child we were cgreeted by the no children allowed inside you'll have to sit outside to which I replied, no we'll eat somewhere where we are ALL welcome and left.

Given this is a chain/brewery pub very disappointing that their licence is not for children.

5  Thank 123tricky

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was the first time we had eaten here although we have called in for a drink a few times.The quality and presentation of the food is excellent, coupled with a friendly staff this a very nice venue.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were met with a welcome by 2 members of staff and very efficiently shown to our table and had our drinks order taken.After an appropriate time our meal order was taken, and then the wait.It was a tuesday evening and it was quite busy but there was nigh on an hour delay before our meal arrived.I saw others asking as they had had a delay as well.
When the meals arrived they were grand.We all had a different meal and all of us were well and truly happy with our choices.
The waiting staff were very pleasant and the environment was clean and traditional.
Despite the wait we will probably return.

1  Thank pete l
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere and there is always an excellent choice of freshly cooked food. The 'specials' board offers a variety of tasty dishes and there is something for everyone. My partner who enjoys a Guinness always rates the draft Guinness from this pub as the best in the area.
As much as I love children, It's really nice to go out in the evening and enjoy a quiet meal without youngsters around for a change. ( I grew up in the era when children under 14 weren't allowed in a pub so maybe I'm a bit old fashioned ...!) and there are plenty of pubs in the area who cater for kids. The staff here are always very pleasant and helpful - I asked for some hollandaise sauce, and although there was none immediately available, some fresh sauce was swiftly made in the kitchen for me - all round excellent service!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We enjoyed a very pleasant and well cooked meal in this traditional and peaceful pub. We would certainly eat there again.