“Excellent day out”

Ranked #3 of 25 things to do in Wareham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I couldnt believe someones earlier review that said 'Monkeys come first', this is a monkey rescue centre not a circus !!!

We had an amazing day out here, the monkeys do as they please and they can get away from prying eyes if they want but its pot luck and you have to remember its foremost a rescue centre they are not on show !!!!

My only negative comment is that they could have more sign-posts we really struggled to find certain area's.

Its not huge so its nice to relax and spend time at an enclosure without worrying about getting round everywhere and there are lots of places to sit and relax, food & drinks are reasonable.

Go and enjoy yourself.

2  Thank Maxine2006
Write a ReviewReviews (5,003)
All reviews
in 126 reviews
"play area"
in 127 reviews

Reviewed 1 October 2008

What a really fantastic place! I visited with 3 friends last Saturday - we spent 5 hours there and I could have stayed all weekend! I was surprised at how many adults were there without kids.

I adopted a baby orangutan for £30 and received a picture, brochure, certificate and free entry for 1 year - only down side is I live nearly 5 hours away! Will definately be going back though despite the distance.

Monkeyworld treds a very fine line between being primarily a rescue sanctuary but also operating as a tourist attraction to support their rescue work. They are very careful not to turn it into a zoo or theme park.

3  Thank JamieFraser
Reviewed 24 September 2008

went to monkey world last weekend and had a BRILLIANT time - one of the best days out i have ever had in the UK. i'm no expert but the monkeys looked content and well looked after. the park is imaginatively laid-out and there are plenty of picnic areas and play areas for the children. for those with mobility problems there are motorised carts for hire. i didn't eat in the cafes but was told that the prices were a little steep so chose to take my own food.
i would highly recommend this park for a day out and would probably go every week if i lived nearby!!

1  Thank makeminealargeone
Reviewed 17 September 2008

my partner took me to monkey world for my birthday as i watch the show all the time.
This is the most amazing place I have been. I could not believe how much the primates seem to enjoy their days.
My partner adopted a chimp called Bart for me for a birthday present and i would say this is well worth it.

1  Thank natzaddress
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Visited Monkey World Sept 2008. Great attraction. My partner and I have been adopting their chimps for a few years but had not managed to make the journey down there.

The park is awesome. They do really amazing work. Entrance was £10.50 per adult but you get free entrance if you have adopted a monkey - which costs roughly £25.

Highly recommend for everyone. Good disabled access - They also have mobility carts that you can rent to get around the park.

check out the website www.monkeyworld.org