“Brilliant Day Out For Everyone !!”
Review of Monkey World

Monkey World
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Wareham
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Great place to visit ... we got there for their 10am opening and left at 6pm but I think we could have spent even longer there !! Great day out for everyone ... super value for money too

2  Thank ClaireNewton

Reviewed 16 August 2010

Monkeyworld is great. I have adopted a monkey for 5 years now.If you plan on visiting more than once a year, I suggest you consider adoption. I have a family adoption pass, which means I can visit any time and as many times as I want. After 2+ visits I am in profit. Living fairly near, I often take the grandkids there for a day out, and picnic, and when they're fed up they play in the playpark! Its a good day out and I agree with all the previous reviewers, The monkeys are brilliant and entertaining to watch. Plenty of scope for your little monkeys to monkey around on the adventure playpark too! loads of areas to have your own picnic, and several places around the park to buy food if you prefer at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 15 August 2010

My family and I have visited Monkey World twice. Living in the East midlands, we have to make it a 3 day trip.
It's an amazing place that will tug at your heart strings. Having watched every episode of monkey life/business many times over, its wonderful to see the "famous" primates, and to recognise the staff from the TV programme. We were lucky enough to see jeremy (my hero) and he was just how he is on the TV, and was happy to pose for a picture with us. Watching the 88 capuchin monkeys from Chile and knowing the conditions they were kept in, its heart warming to see them living the life they have now at Monkey World.

The statue of Jim and Charlie is beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes to see it.

This is not just a tourist attraction, it's a working rescue centre that continue to rescue and rehabilitate primates from around the world, they rely on visitors to fund this work. Please keep in mind that the place is designed to accommodate the primates and give them the best life possible, this is not an americanised theme park.

My advice: take a packet of tissues, because the life stories of each animal will break your heart.

Boring stuff:
Its very easy to find, by road or train. Wool station is only a short taxi ride away and is on the main waterloo to Weymouth line.
Free carpark
Cheap entry fee
Cheap and varied menu in the cafe. Good healthy options
Clean well maintained toilets.
Friendly knowledgeable staff.

7  Thank Christa1967
Reviewed 8 August 2010

well firstly this attraction isnt the best thing you will ever see, or even close, in fact there isnt that much here....so why four stars...well it cost thirty quid for 2 adults and 2 kids and we had lots of fun, the cheapest day out we have had in a long time. the monkeys are well cared for and their stories tug on the heart strings, and the kids park is awesome, well worth a visit

2  Thank drewedmin999
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Having had a long term addiction to the TV programme we were very excited to visit Monkey World while staying in the area. We travelled by train to Wool station and called a taxi. It's not too far to walk but involves a busy A road with no pavements, so a taxi is safest.

Monkey World is reasonably priced for admission and, although by no means huge, is full of interesting things to see. We basically followed the series of keeper talks that go on throughout the day. The keepers are by no means professional public speakers, but their enthusiasm for the animals is infectious. They do their best to encourage the apes and monkeys to come and meet the visitors and will point out who is who. The staff are friendly and seemed perfectly happy to chat and answer questions.

The cafes on site are also reasonably priced and the food is quite good. You can certainly get something decent to eat while visiting.

All in all, and excellent day out which I cannot recommend highly enough. Even better, your money is helping to continue the excellent work that this organisation undertakes which can't be a bad thing.

4  Thank Howard_Miller