“Went to Wareham and enjoyed the open mike session”
Review of The Quay Inn

The Quay Inn
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had a fabuloius afternoon in the garden listening to various artists who turned up to have a go and entertain. We'll e going back next year as I've rarely spent such a great afternoon in the company of others I don't know. definately a date in myf diary for next year

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Friendly staff , good food , good price. Service was a little on the slow side but food was well worth waiting for. Can recommend the liver & bacon.. what is it with all the pirates though ??

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We came here for a light meal . The food took 35/40 min to arrive . This, we were told, was the normal time for an order to emerge from the kitchen. Had they told us this when we ordered we would not have stayed - which may be the reason they didn't.
The good points - a nice outdor space and good draught bitter. When the food arrived it was on the whole good. The whitebait was a bit oily but generally well received . The scampi and fries were good. Whole scampi tails - not reconstituted mush.
However, the chicken liver pate was not obviously chicken-liverish in flavour.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Visited to watch the Wimbledon mens final and have lunch.They were showing motor racing but kindly moved us to their cafe next door which has a large screen TV.They brought us our lamb roast which I have to say is one of the best I have ever had.Thick chunks of Lamb and lots of veg. Excellent value. Their cafe next door is clean modern and all the staff realy helpful.Its situated on the river front and if you sit outside on a sunny day you could enjoy a great meal over a pint. I would go again

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were exploring Wareham and thought that it would be nice to sit outside in the sun to have some lunch and the Quay Inn looked like it would suit us.

We chose a table in the front of the building rather than in the private yard (at the back) because we would be able to see what was happening on the quayside. Food was ordered at the bar and we carried our own drinks out to our table. The food was delivered after being freshly prepared -- I had a Ploughman's Lunch and my wife had a crab sandwich.

The local beer was excellent, so the landlord obviously knows how to look after his cellar. My ploughman's consisted of a chunk of Cheddar and a chunk of Stilton -- I like both -- along with the usual ploughman's trimmings of salad, pickle, bread, butter and slices of apple. It would be hard to mess this up and I enjoyed my meal. My wife's crab sandwich was as good as she had tasted in a long time.

My only criticism, and this is not really a complaint against the Quay because nearly all pubs and restaurants are the same these days, is that the two individually wrapped little butter pats were not really enough. I know that it is a hygienic and convenient way to serve the butter, but I would much rather have a decent sized chunk cut off the end of a normal bar of butter. The individual pats are an expensive way to buy the butter and they are much too small. The cheese is cut off larger chunks, so why can't the butter be treated in the same way?