“Tuesday night is Steak Night, and a fantastic experience.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Quay Inn

The Quay Inn
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Tuesday night is Steak Night, and a fantastic experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

My Son and Daughter were visiting. We decided to go for a drive and ended up in Wareham. I am disabled and in a wheelchair. The fantastic aroma coming from the Quay Inn enticed us in. We were made very welcome and decided to sample the Steaks which we cooked to our liking on Hot Stones at the table. Absolutely fantastic. My home is some 30 miles from Wareham but I will be making the journey on a regular basis as this was truly a night to remember. I would recommend this venue to all. Treat yourself and try it, you won't be disappointed. Keep up the good work and thanks to all the staff for being so helpful and friendly.

• Visited February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Ample tasty portion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

Had lunch at this lovely traditional pub after a leisurely walk around Arne RSPB nature reserve. I had the two cheese ploughmans which actually came with three cheeses accompanied by two large slices of very fresh tiger bread. The salad was very fresh and crisp. My girlfriend had the homemade crab soup which was equally delicious and also accompanied by an ample portion of lovely fresh bread. The menu was of the usual pub fair but with a bit of added flair. They we also selling steak cooked on a hot stone at your table...very nice. The staff were very friendly and best of all they have Ringwood Best Bitter served perfectly.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
United Kingdom
“nice food and nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

we visted as a group of 6 , location is good , in side was nice , a lot of the food on the menu that we ordered seemed to be in short supply as 3 or 4 things we was told they had run out of

the food was good and priced about right they have free wi-fi which was fast

service was good

would use again

• Visited February 2013
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“excellent lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Two friends and myself had lunch here after a walk around the local area. There was a wake going on the day we visited but were assured that food was still available. All three meals arrived in an acceptable amount of time,good sized portions and great value for money and thoroughly enjoyed. Staff were very pleasant and made sure we had everything we needed. Will definitely return.

• Visited January 2013
Poole, United Kingdom
“Too focused on locals”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We went to this restaurant through a Groupon deal and so had a lot of success. However the quay inn was a disappointment from the start. Customer service was lacking throughout from assuming I knew to order from the bar and trying to stop me from using the groupon voucher as apparently cheaper to buy off the menu. Clearly not and just wanted more money. When the food came I was excited as it was a new concept of cooking the steak yourself on a volcanic rock, being a former chef, this was great however the chips and salad were a complete let down and nothing like the picture on the menu. Definitely felt like they were trying to save money! The other bad aspect was atmosphere as lots of local people shouting by the bar and the whole room filling with smoke from the steaks cooking at the tables with no apparent ventilation. The cost of these steaks were not value for money and neither was the service. Only positive was getting it cheap with groupon as if I paid full price then I would of requested compensation on the night. Considering the reason for groupon is to attract new customers, they failed dismally with me.

• 3 of 5 bubbles