The Quay Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Following our review below dated 8 February 2014, the manager of the Quay invited us back to demonstrate to us that our bad experience was not a true reflection of the normal food and service. She was true to her word, this time it was a totally difference experience. Our food was absolutely lovely and the waiter that served us was professional and attentive. Those reading the review may think this was because we were a returning complaint customer that got special treatment, this is not the case, the waiter offered the same level of service to all those around and was a credit to the organisation likewise all the food that came out of the kitchen looked delicious. Will certainly be going back and would recommend.

1  Thank Poole14

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just seen the report from "POOLE 14" and we had a very similar experience.
My wife and I went to the Quay Inn for a meal out through Groupon on Saturday 8th March 2014. Table was booked for 8pm.Nice friendly place with good atmosphere.
We sat down and ordered our food. Our starters took over an hour to arrive after a couple of times of asking for them. Other people came in after us and had their starters in good time, although we were given a complimentary drink due to the time it took.
We also had the food where we cook it ourselves on a hot lava stone. I agree with "POOLE 14" that the mixed grill is not a good option on the lava stone as I too found that the burger was not cooked in the middle even though it all seemed to be cooking for ages. It was very difficult on a small table for 2 as there was no room which we both found very frustrating. In the end we gave up and left most of our main meal.
Very disappointing night out at the Quay Inn. I may be wrong but to me it seemed like the money had already been taken through Groupon and priority was given to people paying on the night.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

2nd visit to the b&b. Breakfast was fresh & very tasty, my husband especially enjoyed the black pudding! Service from a friendly crew. Dinner in the pub was fun with the Black Rock grilled steak, cooked at the table. We will come back.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Do be caught like we were with the groupon deal we bought the higher price option as they advertised a separate grill menu which when we checked it out had fillet steak available. Having paid this higher price when we arrived at 7.45 (not late)we were told all the fillet steak had gone - regardless of how many people booked on the voucher the chef only bought a certain number a day. The deal is you cook your own meal on a hot stone which would have worked fine if I had had a steak but instead I had to have the mixed grill- hot stone cooking is not suitable for this chicken and burger never cooked and I ended up leaving them. On top of the disappointment of the food the service was also poor we had to wait over an hour for starters to arrive - wont be going back feel I was ripped off

2  Thank Poole14
gemgem04, Manager at The Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

I'm sorry that you feel you didn't have the best experience because we had run out of fillet steak. As you would of seen we were extremely busy Saturday night and had been all day. We buy all of our food fresh, on a daily basis and therefore do occasionally run out of things but, we do have many other good quality steaks and food available on our menu. If you would like to contact the management directly, you will be issued with a complimentary meal for 2.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic evening meal ! It was beautifully cooked and presented . We stayed at their B&B accommodation again this was spotless and comfortable. We enjoyed the food that much on our way back home from Weymouth we stopped at The Quay Inn for another GREAT meal. Will be taking friends back with us next time.

2  Thank Robert53