“It deserves a 3, just.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wareham
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“It deserves a 3, just.”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked this hotel through secret escapes at 50% discount. I didn't think it was worth what I paid.I feel sorry for those that paid full price.
Room: Curtains torn, held together with safety pins - Sofa arms worn and threadbare - bath tap u/s, could not switch off shower attachment - shower pressure abysmal - drawer bottom where hair dryer located loose and gaping. Water running over door frame from upstairs one morning.
Hotel: Outside swimming pool being filled from empty - Sauna not working - Steam Room not working.At Sunday breakfast hotel ran out of hashbrowns.
We stayed at peak season & during Olympics at Weymouth (11-12 Aug)

Room Tip: We had an executive room which is apparently the best. I wouldn't stay there again.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room size was large and nice but that was the end of the good parts. Leisure facilties, pool area un clean, steam room broke sauna broke, locker room old and need of updating. THEN the BEST on return from evening to dinner and a movie a function Disco on going and very very loud across grounds. Couldnt sleep for noise at 23:15 rang front desk to be told party and very loud music would go till Midnight. Not acceptable not happy

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Wareham hotels

London
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Having seen a few dubious reviews (?) we were pleasantly surprised with our one night stay on Saturday. 0ur son was already there for a couple of days in an executive room with the kids and he really enjoyed it.
We turned up tired after an extremely heavy traffic journey and were taken up to our room by a very pleasant receptionist. The room was on the first floor just by the side of the lift and was a twin - beds could have been better needing just a bit wider in size. However they were comfortable enough and the room and in particular the bathroom were perfectly adequate. the good bit was the amenities (free). The indoor pool was a real treat for the kids and quite rightly they had to leave at 6.30 for the adults.
Yes the hotel needs a bit of updating but nothing that you could not put up with - the evening meal was not the greatest in quality but certainly not the worst that I have had.
All in all though the whole experience was extremely pleasant, excellent staff, great value breakfast and free amenities - for that I can put up with a little bit of lack of refurb.
We will go back and it is a shame that some of the reviews definitely do not reflect the standard of the hotel for the money.

3 Thank ellenscott
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked a 3 night stay for Thursday - Sunday as a bit of a last minute trip to take the kids to the seaside before reading some of the reviews on here so was more than a little concerned that I'd dropped a bit of a clanger! Am glad to report that I needn't have worried.

Firstly, I'd agree that the hotel itself is a little dated here and there however the executive room we stayed in was very big, well furnished, very clean and the en-suite bathroom was by hotel standards absolutely massive and appeared to have been recently refurbished with an enormous bath and shower. The room was serviced every day and I can't think of anything to be unhappy about with it - big thanks to the reception staff for sorting out a fan for the room as the weather was very warm at night.

The grounds looked very well kept although the Tennis Court is concrete and as the surface is breaking up, it is a bit slipppery and could do with being resurfaced or grassed over. The leisure facilities are dated but are very clean - the staff in the leisure area were very friendly and helpful. We had been told before we booked that Spa treatments / steam room weren't available but everything else was available except the outdoor pool which was being repaired when we arrived although it was fixed within 24 hours. Thanks also to the young man on the leisure reception who treated my son's cut knee - I can't remember his name but he was really nice and couldn't have done more.

Food-wise, the breakfast buffet was very good - we only ate in the restaurant on our last night and the food was fine - not what you'd call outstanding but reasonable enough with a varied menu and sweet trolley to finish.

All in all, a more than enjoyable stay - the only thing I could think to moan about was the serving staff at breakfast are a bit keen to take your plate before you've finished! I think a few guests nearly had their bacon and eggs swiped...... Otherwise, everyone was really helpful and courteous and made you feel very welcome.

In all honesty, I'm sure there are far more exclusive / modern spa type hotels out there but I'm not sure you'll get a room in the middle of August at £110 per night. It is what it is - a nice hotel which is a bit dated here and there but in the main seems to be very well run by very friendly people.

Will definitely go back - thanks to everyone at the Springfield.

1 Thank 219Mike
fremington
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my 16 year old son. It is an ideal location, we went into Weymouth for the Olympic sailing and also ferry from Poole to BRownsea Island which was beautiful .I was very impressed with the hotel .I expected it to be nice but it exceeded my expectations. The rooms were large and airy with a very large bathroom, everything was spotlessly clean. The staff in all areas of the hotel we very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing so much choice and we also stayed in for evening meal which was lovely, no complaints at all. Free use of the pool, gym, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room was great as well as having free WI-FI. I would certainly stay here again, in fact can't wait . The grounds of the hotel are also vast and very well kept. All in all a very enjoyable break

Room Tip: All I can add is that my room was excellant but maybe one overlooking the garden may have been nicer...
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this hotel for my birthday and we travelled all the way from Manchester.. it was well worth the effort!
In particular I loved the bathroom with its MASSIVE bath and under floor heating.
Receptionist was lovely and helpful.

Keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2012
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed here in july.because of a funeral we had to bring our stay forward and that was done with ease.the hotel is lovely.the staff very accomadating.room was very clean and a bathroom to die for.large bath for two, large shower and all beautifully clean.The hotel itself is olde worlde but that is part pf the charm of it.the grounds are beautiful and as I had to go outside to use my mobile (poor reception inside) the gardener who was grass cutting even turned off his mower so I could hear better.!!!!all in all a very lovely few days spent in a lovely hotel. well done.

Room Tip: we had an exexutive room with balcony which was lovely (when it wasnt raining lol )
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
Mortons House Hotel
#20 of 22 in Weymouth
Hotel du Vin Poole
Hotel du Vin Poole
#4 of 13 in Poole

Been to Springfield Country Hotel? Share your experiences!