“Horrendous staff”

Springfield Country Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wareham
“Horrendous staff”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went for a special day with friends and it was ruined by rude staff. We all booked a deal to use the spa and to have a treatment. The hotel is dated but there was visible signs of work being done to update it. The spa was ok tho asking the staff a question and then they walk off was not a good start. By the pool there are only 4 beds and no where else to put your robes so we had to put them on the floor.
At 1230 we went for lunch this is where it all went wrong. We went to the bar to order to which we were rudely told by the female waitress that she was on her break (at lunch time). After a huff she told us to get the menus back, when ordering told us to not go so fast, asked us how much items were and if we had a calculator to add it up. She snapped at us and I cant tell you how many huffs she did. When we had finished we were all in shock how rude she was.

The treatments were good and the therapist's were the only nice members of staff there. We were quick to leave after and wont be returning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Louise R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
wales
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came here for a quiet night away. Seeing it was costing £100 pounds for the night we expected a lot more. The room was old smelly full of webs. We couldn't eat in because restaurant was closed,which we were only told on arrival. So had to drive elsewhere. We had two very expensive glasses of cola which were in dirty glasses. The indoor pool was lovely but I would never waste money there again. Staff only seem interested in golfing customers.there attitude towards us was disgusting.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank sunnydayiwish

Travellers are raving about these Wareham hotels

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights as part of a wedding party. The rooms were comfortable, but as with the rest of the hotel, very dated and in dire need of an update, in fact the whole building had an 'old' aroma to it, as well as being rather dark! The reception area is presently being modernised and will eventually look very smart. Although the hotel promises WiFi in every room, the only area that it was available was in the reception area. We even struggled to get a phone signal anywhere in the hotel. The hotel did have in door and outdoor swimming pools, which were in use. The rooms were clean, but not the comfiest of beds. The fried Breakfast did not look very appetising and some of the restaurant/bar staff were a little moody! We were lucky that we were in a quiet area of the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a downstairs room near the breakfast room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Westie2003
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I visited the hotel a couple of weeks ago to have a massage at the spa. It was meant to be an aromatherapy massage, however it was just an ordinary massage and there was no sign of a proper aromatherapy treatment at all, although I was charged full price. The therapist forgot to give me a pillow for my head so my head was falling through the hole in the bed until I said something. The hotel decor is just awful, it looks like it has been stuck in a time warp. I think they are currently updating, so hopefully it will improve, as it seems like such a waste to have such an unattractive hotel in such a beautiful spot. However, all the staff I have come across there have been lovely and friendly, and always happy to help. So that is a bonus! It's just a shame that the decor really lets it down.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LisaAnn362
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed as part of a wedding party. Three nights. Staff were some of the rudest and arrogant we have every come across, with the exception of a couple of individuals. Their vacuum cleaners obviously do not extend to collecting cobwebs in the public rooms. Hairs on sausages at breakfast not welcome. Some of the party went into the outside swimming pool, only to be told after a while it had not been treated - pity this was not mentioned at check-in. Building work started one day at 05.00 hrs. Rubbish collected at 06.00hrs. Did not appreciate conversation with a stroppy bar man with food around his mouth, and stuck in his teeth - if I had wanted a Sir Les Patterson impression, I would have gone to a Barry Humphries gig. One of the party tripped over a flat bed trolley left in the middle of a dark public passageway. No air conditioning.
I understand that wedding party guests are unlikely to return, so treating them well might be of no concern, which was pretty obviously the attitude here. The hotel is in a prime position, and if we had been treated reasonably we would come back when visiting Dorset, but there is no way now.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kevin B
Netley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After spending a lovely weekend as guests of the Springfield Country Hotel I felt compelled to write my first ever review of a hotel. finding the hotel was easy, it is situated a short distance from the main Wareham to Swanage road. There is plenty of parking available so no worries there. A very short walk from the car to the hotel was made before we entered the hotel. We walked through to the new reception which is in the middle of the building past some very generous lounge areas which have sumptuous leather settees. We were greeted by a very friendly lady receptionist who didn't stop smiling despite the fact she was suffering with a bad back. We got ourselves booked in and made our way to our room. It was a very generous size with a lovely bed and a very nice bathroom. The room had a view over the grounds which are laid to lawn with some lovely mature trees. We could also see the outdoor pool, tennis court and the spa area. The spa was lovely with it's pool, hot tub, saunas, steam room etc. which was all in very good order. The restaurant was lovely, again the staff were brilliant. The barmaid who we called 'Trouble' was very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble for her. The food was superb, the service was superb and the prices very reasonable. My wife and I both had treatments in the spa, I had a full Swedish massasge and my wife had a back neck and shoulder massage. We both cam out very happy and relaxed.

Would we stay again?

Of course we would!

Room Tip: I think next time I would go for a room with a balcony....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darryl S
Grimsby
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Me and my partner booked on December last year to stay 2 nights for my birthday , we was told we would have a 2 night stay with entry to monkey world, I booked over the phone and paid at the same time. I'd called between then and our stay to check wether we could have a late night check in and to double check everything was correct with our booking. We drove 6 hours both feeling quite happy and excited as just the day before we had got engaged so was hoping for a nice relaxing weekend to celebrate together. On arrival everything seemed perfectly fine we got to the hotel at around 11.15pm we checked in and went to our room we was up for breakfast by 8.30am, after breakfast we decided to double check our booking and monkey world tickets with reception. We was greeted by a very arrogant man, he looked over our booking and informed us we was to pay another £128 to stay again. I informed the man what I was told over the phone a number of times before we arrived, he became very patronising and rude towards us both so we decided to check out of our room and leave the hotel. As would be imagined me and my partner was very disappointed our weekend was completely ruined! We drove 6 hours to stay in a room for a matter of 8 hours and to be served a below average breakfast in the morning. We was offered no other options at all, I later called to make a complaint and was greeted by the same arrogant man from reception. I am very upset with this matter and will not be staying here again !! £128 for an 8 hour stay is just ridiculous especially when treated the way we was!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Mattyamy1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
Mortons House Hotel
Hotel du Vin Poole
#5 of 13 in Poole
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,126 reviews
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt

Been to Springfield Country Hotel? Share your experiences!