“Great hotel with amazing surroundings ”

and 1 more site!
Springfield Country Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wareham
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I came here with my cousin and had a nice break. Could not fault the staff they were so friendly except for one bar person who huffed when you asked for something!!!

The hotel was so quiet. The hotel has alot to do inc spa area, tennis, squash, fitness studio, gym, snooker and pool. We had a massage and it was good.

Yes the furniture is dated everywhere and some need replacing. despite this however the hotel is spotlessly clean.

The hotel is currently having building work going on in areas but this did not effect us.

Downside was the outside pool was not ready to be used which was a disappointment as we were lucky to be here on a beautiful day.

We had an offer from hi life and if same deal comes up will certainly come back. I recommend you upgrade to get an executive room you then have a large balcony with table and chairs and you will then have beautiful views of the gardens.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went for a special day with friends and it was ruined by rude staff. We all booked a deal to use the spa and to have a treatment. The hotel is dated but there was visible signs of work being done to update it. The spa was ok tho asking the staff a question and then they walk off was not a good start. By the pool there are only 4 beds and no where else to put your robes so we had to put them on the floor.
At 1230 we went for lunch this is where it all went wrong. We went to the bar to order to which we were rudely told by the female waitress that she was on her break (at lunch time). After a huff she told us to get the menus back, when ordering told us to not go so fast, asked us how much items were and if we had a calculator to add it up. She snapped at us and I cant tell you how many huffs she did. When we had finished we were all in shock how rude she was.

The treatments were good and the therapist's were the only nice members of staff there. We were quick to leave after and wont be returning.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Louise R
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came here for a quiet night away. Seeing it was costing £100 pounds for the night we expected a lot more. The room was old smelly full of webs. We couldn't eat in because restaurant was closed,which we were only told on arrival. So had to drive elsewhere. We had two very expensive glasses of cola which were in dirty glasses. The indoor pool was lovely but I would never waste money there again. Staff only seem interested in golfing customers.there attitude towards us was disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank sunnydayiwish
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights as part of a wedding party. The rooms were comfortable, but as with the rest of the hotel, very dated and in dire need of an update, in fact the whole building had an 'old' aroma to it, as well as being rather dark! The reception area is presently being modernised and will eventually look very smart. Although the hotel promises WiFi in every room, the only area that it was available was in the reception area. We even struggled to get a phone signal anywhere in the hotel. The hotel did have in door and outdoor swimming pools, which were in use. The rooms were clean, but not the comfiest of beds. The fried Breakfast did not look very appetising and some of the restaurant/bar staff were a little moody! We were lucky that we were in a quiet area of the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a downstairs room near the breakfast room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Westie2003
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I visited the hotel a couple of weeks ago to have a massage at the spa. It was meant to be an aromatherapy massage, however it was just an ordinary massage and there was no sign of a proper aromatherapy treatment at all, although I was charged full price. The therapist forgot to give me a pillow for my head so my head was falling through the hole in the bed until I said something. The hotel decor is just awful, it looks like it has been stuck in a time warp. I think they are currently updating, so hopefully it will improve, as it seems like such a waste to have such an unattractive hotel in such a beautiful spot. However, all the staff I have come across there have been lovely and friendly, and always happy to help. So that is a bonus! It's just a shame that the decor really lets it down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LisaAnn362
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed as part of a wedding party. Three nights. Staff were some of the rudest and arrogant we have every come across, with the exception of a couple of individuals. Their vacuum cleaners obviously do not extend to collecting cobwebs in the public rooms. Hairs on sausages at breakfast not welcome. Some of the party went into the outside swimming pool, only to be told after a while it had not been treated - pity this was not mentioned at check-in. Building work started one day at 05.00 hrs. Rubbish collected at 06.00hrs. Did not appreciate conversation with a stroppy bar man with food around his mouth, and stuck in his teeth - if I had wanted a Sir Les Patterson impression, I would have gone to a Barry Humphries gig. One of the party tripped over a flat bed trolley left in the middle of a dark public passageway. No air conditioning.
I understand that wedding party guests are unlikely to return, so treating them well might be of no concern, which was pretty obviously the attitude here. The hotel is in a prime position, and if we had been treated reasonably we would come back when visiting Dorset, but there is no way now.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After spending a lovely weekend as guests of the Springfield Country Hotel I felt compelled to write my first ever review of a hotel. finding the hotel was easy, it is situated a short distance from the main Wareham to Swanage road. There is plenty of parking available so no worries there. A very short walk from the car to the hotel was made before we entered the hotel. We walked through to the new reception which is in the middle of the building past some very generous lounge areas which have sumptuous leather settees. We were greeted by a very friendly lady receptionist who didn't stop smiling despite the fact she was suffering with a bad back. We got ourselves booked in and made our way to our room. It was a very generous size with a lovely bed and a very nice bathroom. The room had a view over the grounds which are laid to lawn with some lovely mature trees. We could also see the outdoor pool, tennis court and the spa area. The spa was lovely with it's pool, hot tub, saunas, steam room etc. which was all in very good order. The restaurant was lovely, again the staff were brilliant. The barmaid who we called 'Trouble' was very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble for her. The food was superb, the service was superb and the prices very reasonable. My wife and I both had treatments in the spa, I had a full Swedish massasge and my wife had a back neck and shoulder massage. We both cam out very happy and relaxed.

Would we stay again?

Of course we would!

Room Tip: I think next time I would go for a room with a balcony....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darryl S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
The Priory Hotel
#1 of 2 in West Lulworth
Thistle Poole
Thistle Poole
#6 of 13 in Poole

Been to Springfield Country Hotel? Share your experiences!