Family run hotel with owners manning reception. On booking was nervous about location but no think it is really well suited for visiting Poole and surrounding area
- Friendly service and always happy to advise. Called few days before advising and helped me find gastro pub and restaurant for meals over the weekend
- Great local village 2 min drive away. 'Granary' pub right on river and great food, with couple of other pubs for chiled out drink or live music
- Quick drive to Corfe castle, Swannage and onto Weymouth as you are outside Poole and miss most of the traffic
- Great breakfast cooked to order and served at table. Usual fruit / cereal / toast also included.
- Rooms spacious, clean and well maintained. Went for four poster option which was nice.
- If you want to stroll into Poole each night this is not for you. Poole is a 15 min drive in evening / 30 min in morning due to tourist traffic
- No evening food so you need to take quick journey into local village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Worgret Manor is a traditional Georgian manor house nestled in the heart of the Dorset countryside. The historic grounds on which it stands are mentioned in the 13th century Magna Carta. We offer en-suite accommodation including flat screen T.V's with Freeview, complimentary tea/coffee making facilities, free Wi-Fi, private off-road parking and of course full English breakfast. We have a comfortable, sun lit seating area in the lobby which is perfect for browsing the daily newspaper. During the summer months you can enjoy a tea, coffee or even breakfast in the patio courtyard. We are in the heart of Hardy country surrounded by beautiful Dorset countryside. Attractions close by include Monkey World, Bovington Tank Museum, Corfe Castle, Lulworth Cove and Lulworth Castle with it's hugely popular annual music event "Camp Bestival". We are just one mile from the Saxon town of Wareham which has a good selection of restaurants, cafes, bars and pubs. The town is one of the gateways to the Purbecks and the Jurassic coast line, England's first World heritage site. Wareham's mainline railway station (to Waterloo) is just 2 miles away and the heritage Purbeck line which will run between Wareham and Swanage opens shortly. A warm and friendly welcome awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Worgret Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Worgret Manor Wareham, Dorset