“A welcome break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wareham
LakeViews Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 23 Wareham B&B and Inns
Crawley, United Kingdom
“A welcome break”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at LakeViews. Spur of the moment trip to Dorset brought me to Wareham with nothing booked, but info centre in Wareham got me a stay at this beautifully located B&B. Perfect setting for my much needed escape. Very comfortable room, beautiful views from the room. Lovely breakfast and most importantly a very warm welcome from Jenni the owner. Enjoyed a relaxed chat on my two mornings at LakeView, which made me feel very welcome.
I would recommend to anyone and I will return, hopefully soon. Whilst I didn't leave Dorset trouble free I certainly left refreshed and pleased I have found another gem in LakeView.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Andrew R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
poole
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Booked the Landrace room for my friends to stay whilst coming to visit me. So I am writing this review based on their experience. I live locally but didn't know that Lakeviews existed. Booked online, very easy and confirmed immediately. Easy to find, private road and Lakeviews is at the end of this road. Met by Jenni, lovely warm building on a chilly night, room had everything you would need and very good quality, ensuite bathroom with large shower. Room has exceptionally large window looking on to the lakes and garden. Beds were comfy, and the room very quiet. Breakfast was one of the best ever, with excellent choice. Jenni is the perfect landlady, attention to detail and the effort she makes is not something you come across every day. She has a quaint collection of animals, Joules the pony making a guest appearance at the kitchen door during breakfast!

Would I recommend Lakeviews? Most definitely, great location and great landlady, thank you.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lucinda770
HERTFORDSHIRE
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This B and B is set in beautiful surroundings, is very quiet and relaxing. If you have a busy lifestyle and wish to "recharge the batteries" this is the place to come to.
My husband and I booked for 3 nights but we were able to stay one more night as we were not ready to leave the tranquility and peace.

Gail and Adrian

2 Thank REBMAT
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This place is very beautiful and calm. The property is very clean and welcoming. Lots of little caring touches. The bathrooms are spotless. There is a nice tea tray in the room with biscuits and chocolate. In the front entrance there is a big bowl of plums and candies.

Jenni, the owner cooks a magnificent breakfast. She runs the place because she enjoys it, rather than a commercial venture.

In the garden there is a horse and chickens. The eggs get served for breakfast.

Our friends were staying in a much more expensive hotel nearby which was not half as good.

2 Thank Marjan S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We've just had a delightful 2 night break at Lakeviews and couldn't ask for anything better. A warm welcome, a superb room and really good weather. Jenni's breakfasts were the best way to start the day. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends. Thank you Jenni

2 Thank MaureenLee
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 August 2013

... you don't want to visit this place if you are colored (I am from India) as we could clearly sense some sort of prejudice - unfortunate but true!

Having said that, great location... very beautiful ambience (my 1 yr old daughter fell in love with the pony, ducks and cat), really amazing breakfast by Jenny and well very designed and managed bedrooms.

It is only a mile away from the town with easily available cabs if you don't want to walk or because of unfavorable weather!

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms... but all are very well designed and with beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank NareshMehta1984
jenni g, Owner at LakeViews Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for your kind comments on location, ambiance and design of LakeViews.
I am saddened that you felt any prejudice towards you.
This is absolutely not the case as I have welcomed all nationalities into my home regardless of colour or creed.
I am happy that I have received numerous responses to suggest that my guests have had a very pleasurable time here. The comments made clarify that they had felt completely welcome.
I would , however, like to clarify that this is a bed and breakfast but more importantly my home and would only ask that there be respect shown to me,the property and other guests.
I do not feel it is unreasonable to refuse the consumption of take away food in the guest rooms and would like to explain that the dining room is the only personal space for myself and my family to share an evening meal and therefore is only available to guests for their breakfast.
I am happy to make an exception to the rules but only if people are booked in for numerous nights as I can appreciate that it becomes tiring and expensive to eat out.
I would also like to state that tables etc need to be prepared for the next morning.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I think this is the best place I have ever stayed and I have stayed in some very nice places.
On arrival we were made very welcome the entrance hall is spacious and charming as is Jenni when she meets you. You are then invited into the light and airy lounge area, with large TV and big comfortable chairs where you can spend as much time as you wish; there we were served tea or coffee with homemade biscuits. All the formalities are then sorted, before being shown to your room. We stayed in the Tamworth Room and could not have been more pleased, there was plenty of room, fresh, clean and beautifully decorated.
The names of the rooms are a hint to the farms previous existence as a pig farm, unfortunately the pigstys are a little run down now, but still have a charm of their own.
After a night in one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in...including my own, we were treated a beautifully presented breakfast. So much to choose from it was a good job we extended our stay at the end of the week just so we could try it all.
Unlike other B&Bs where you get those little treats on the first night of your stay the chocolates and biscuits were replenished everyday and because there was always spare milk coffee etc on the landing so you never wanted for anything.
The chickens wandering round the garden guaranteed you were getting fresh eggs every day. A pony, ducks, cat and rabbits blended very well with the surrounding wildlife to make this a really charming place to stay.
We walked the mile to the town every night to eat in either the Duke of Wellington or the Kings Arms, both serve real ale and perfectly edible pub grub. I preferred the atmosphere in the Duke, couldn't put my finger on the reason why, maybe just more relaxing.
During our stay we wanted to do a bit of bird watching and being close to Arne was one of the boxes we needed to tick, but in reality we did not need to leave our room to do our bird watching. Our room must rate as one of the most comfortable bird hides I have ever sat in! Green woodpeckers, willow warblers, stock doves, robins, grebes, little egrets, were just a few of the daily treats. Almost every corner you turn on the lanes of the Isle of Purbeck has a nature reserve, great for bird watching or walking.
Walking the walls of the very interesting town wasn't too strenuous as it is only a small town, but with so much packed into it. One of my favourite places was the Quayside sitting there people watching is most enjoyable, especially if you are sampling a drink or something to eat from one of the surrounding hostelries.
A must is the steam train to Swanage and if tanks are your thing Bovington is brilliant.
Arne is a treasure trove of wildlife, not just birds and Ferrybridge is great for terns and waders depending on the time of year. We never even made it to Poole or Abbotsbury.

We will certainly be back we still have plenty of places left to visit.

If you are looking for a quiet location with great attention to detail, yet on the doorstep of a charming town, then look no futher I can't recommend Lakeviews highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
Springfield Country Hotel
Hotel du Vin Poole
Hotel du Vin Poole
#4 of 13 in Poole
Travelodge Poole Hotel

Been to LakeViews Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!