“Perfectly nice but somewhat overpriced...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wareham
LakeViews Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 23 Wareham B&B and Inns
London
“Perfectly nice but somewhat overpriced...”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently stayed at Lake Views based on the excellent reviews on here. And I must admit....I was somewhat disappointed. It was nice, but not as amazing as many of the reviews made out.

Location
It's a very interesting location, right on a lake at the edge of Wareham. Not quite as close to the centre of Wareham as some of the information implies. Certainly in the rain its not very preposessing from the outside, surrounded by tumbled down barns and entering through a small side gate, but the inside was cosy enough. My children did love seeing the chickens and ducks in the garden the next morning.

Room
The room (Tamworth) was very nice with 2 lake views and Jenni was able to accommodate my children with a blow up mattress and travel cot. Jenni provides plenty of toiletries.

The breakfast was very nicely presented and served.

Cleanliness
I have to say, the room appeared clean but when I bent down to check my children hadn't left anything on the floor I did find some discarded used make up pads under the chest of drawers. They may well still be there, I certainly didn't pick them up...

Price & Overall
It was fine. It was just quite a bit expensive for what it was. As a comparison the same night in a room at the Hotel du Vin in Poole started at £115. A night with breakfast, swimming pool, soft play, movies and 4 hours free childcare in Moonfleet Manor worked out at £135 per room.

Room Tip: Tamworth has views of the lake to the front and side.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JWLovesToTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Benahavis, Spain
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had a business in Wareham over 20 years ago but I now live in southern Spain and work in the golf&tourist industry, which is why I can truly say that Lake Views is a very special place to stay. The location is magnificent and if you like 'rural' ..you can hear a pin drop 24/7 except for the noises of the animals and birds, which are plentiful. A truly amazing lady Jenni, made us so welcome after our journey from sunny climes to the darkness of the winter countryside back in the UK. As we stepped inside we were met by a lovely smile, a log fire and a Christmas tree with welcoming lights... plus the cat!
As per all the other -visiting journalists- below, ..the rooms are completely stocked with all ones needs and more. Tamworth our beautiful warm room with lovely plush towels, that are more than adequate to sink into after a hot shower, a comfortable bed, a spotless en suite shower room and much space to swing the beautiful cat that sat outside on the landing each of our 3 much enjoyed nights stay. ...only joking to all cat lovers!
The weather was cold, wet and windy and never seemed to get light during all of our 3 night stay but, because by some miracle, we had chosen to stay at Lake Views .. it really didn't matter! The pony was at the kitchen door to greet us at breakfast and the chickens took cover from the rain in the entrance of the front door, whilst Jenni, took care of us superbly, without actually us seeing much of her. Breakfast was a good time to chat a we ate the lovely fresh farm produce she cooked. It won't be seeing the last she sees of us! What a special lady..
This has to be the best choice of B&B.. BY FAR.. in this area...spotless, welcoming and very comfortable .We would never have imagined our stay to have been so enjoyable.
Thank you Jenni ... have a wonderful Christmas.

Room Tip: All rooms have superb views as the house is set surrounded by lakes. The Tamworth had double aspect...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank girlsgolf
jenni g, Owner at LakeViews Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you Keith and Lynn for your kind review.
I am so glad that you appreciated the whole LakeViews package and that despite the gloomy weather you managed to enjoy yourselves.
I appreciate the photos too.
Happy Christmas
Jenni
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

For the adults: Jenni has a very relaxed style that puts you at ease and makes you feel very welcome. This is not just Jenni's business it is her passion. The rooms are very clean and generously stocked with tea, coffee, water, hot chocolate, biscuits, chocolates, and toiletries.
Views are wonderful. We had a great nights sleep. You will not get a better breakfast anywhere!

Jenni was wonderful with the children and made it a very special time for them. They loved breakfast time, being able to see the pony, chickens, ducks and rabbits from the dining room window.

Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for Tamworth if you have small children and just phone Jenni to see what she can do for you - it...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony L
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at LakeViews. Spur of the moment trip to Dorset brought me to Wareham with nothing booked, but info centre in Wareham got me a stay at this beautifully located B&B. Perfect setting for my much needed escape. Very comfortable room, beautiful views from the room. Lovely breakfast and most importantly a very warm welcome from Jenni the owner. Enjoyed a relaxed chat on my two mornings at LakeView, which made me feel very welcome.
I would recommend to anyone and I will return, hopefully soon. Whilst I didn't leave Dorset trouble free I certainly left refreshed and pleased I have found another gem in LakeView.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Andrew R
poole
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Booked the Landrace room for my friends to stay whilst coming to visit me. So I am writing this review based on their experience. I live locally but didn't know that Lakeviews existed. Booked online, very easy and confirmed immediately. Easy to find, private road and Lakeviews is at the end of this road. Met by Jenni, lovely warm building on a chilly night, room had everything you would need and very good quality, ensuite bathroom with large shower. Room has exceptionally large window looking on to the lakes and garden. Beds were comfy, and the room very quiet. Breakfast was one of the best ever, with excellent choice. Jenni is the perfect landlady, attention to detail and the effort she makes is not something you come across every day. She has a quaint collection of animals, Joules the pony making a guest appearance at the kitchen door during breakfast!

Would I recommend Lakeviews? Most definitely, great location and great landlady, thank you.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lucinda770
HERTFORDSHIRE
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This B and B is set in beautiful surroundings, is very quiet and relaxing. If you have a busy lifestyle and wish to "recharge the batteries" this is the place to come to.
My husband and I booked for 3 nights but we were able to stay one more night as we were not ready to leave the tranquility and peace.

Gail and Adrian

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank REBMAT
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This place is very beautiful and calm. The property is very clean and welcoming. Lots of little caring touches. The bathrooms are spotless. There is a nice tea tray in the room with biscuits and chocolate. In the front entrance there is a big bowl of plums and candies.

Jenni, the owner cooks a magnificent breakfast. She runs the place because she enjoys it, rather than a commercial venture.

In the garden there is a horse and chickens. The eggs get served for breakfast.

Our friends were staying in a much more expensive hotel nearby which was not half as good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marjan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
The Priory Hotel
#4 of 13 in Poole
RNLI College
RNLI College
#1 of 13 in Poole

Been to LakeViews Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!