“A bit watery”

Dining options: Reservations
Newhaven, United Kingdom
“A bit watery”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a takeaway from the Raj Poot Tandoori in Wareham whilst on holiday. The rice was cooked to perfection, but both our meat dishes were somewhat lacking in flavour. There was plenty of spice and heat, and the meat cooked well, but the the sauce was very watery indeed.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sidetops

Liverpool
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth a visit.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family and I travelled to wareham during the Easter holiday and we decided to try the raj poot as a local individual recommended we go there, Upon arrival I felt a slight warmth to the atmosphere.
The food was amazing must of been the best peshwari naan I had ever tasted, the staff were friendly and I would definitely recommend to a family member or friend.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Patrickbean
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had seen the poor reviews that people have given this restaurant so were a bit worried about eating here, but we decided to judge for ourselves - and I'm glad we went. The food was really good and the service very friendly - we asked for a bit of advice about some of the dishes and Vincent was really helpful. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2014
Dorset
“Probably the worst curry ever!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This restaurant is entered twice on Trip Advisor. See the Raj Poot, Wareham for my review and what appears, in my opinion, to be a selection of recent reviews which more accurately reflection my experience of this restaurant..

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank BusinessguestDorset
Dorset
“The worst curry ever!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Unfortunately I dined here in January. The restaurant lacks atmosphere completely and is in need of refurbishment. The staff were ok-reasonably efficient but not especially friendly. The popadums were reasonable and the chutneys,limited to 3, were OK too. I ordered a chicken dansak which is my test for any new restaurant,along with special pilau rice and a peshwari nan. The dansak was hot in taste but completely lacking in flavour. Neither did it have the classic lentil texture that I am used to. Regrettably the chicken was dry and tough and not nice at all. The rice was acceptable but lacking in any real taste and again the texture was a bit flabby. The saving grace was the nan which was light and fluffy,freshly cooked and just as it should be. One star for the nan only I'm afraid and I won't be back!

Visited January 2014