“We would definitely make a return visit”
Review of Les Bouviers Rooms

Les Bouviers Rooms
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wimborne
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This was a great find! We received a warm welcome on arrival, lunch in the restaurant was excellent and very popular and our room was exceptionally clean with good linen and fluffy towels. The highlight of this lovely 'restaurant with rooms' was the food which was delicious and the highlight of our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2011

We only spent 2 nights at Les Bouviers and it was faultless. The Food, Staff, and Rooms were fantastic.
We are even thinking about having our wedding there next year.

Thanks to Kate and Carol for looking after us.
John&Caroline

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We spent one night here. The hotel is a bit twee in terms of decor but the rooms are lovely, comfortable and clean. Dinner was Stupendous. An incredible meal. Perfect portions. Wonderful flavors. Simply incredible. Couldn't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank janjanvanman059
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The rooms are nice enough but I think it's more the superficialities such as bath robes, nice toiletries, freebie chocolates and little chunks of flapjack in the rooms on arrival that have gained this B&B their 5 stars rather than anything else. Everything is MDF rather than being solid wood and the curtains in our room were very thin and circa 1985.
Staff are friendly enough and the building is clean and well presented.The biggest issue for me was having to leave our room key with reception - in actual fact there was no real reception area which was an issue when seeking staff, who are either out the back in an office or on duty somewhere. We have left keys behind before in different guest houses, but usually you get access to a key code or central key to get back into the building after hours. In this instance we arrived back around 12.30, having been told this wouldn't be a problem and had to bang on the front door twice as well as walking around the building banging on windows before we could be let in. The lady on duty was nice enough, but at 12.30 at night after a long journey and evening out with friends the last thing you want is to be asked is very regimented questions about your breakfast order the next morning. We were asked a whole list of questions from the exact time we would want to eat, to whether we would want tea or coffee and what we specifically wanted to eat and how. I was quite angry by this. I cannot make decisions about my breakfast the next morning, or what time I have to get up when I'm on holiday, especially just before going to bed after a long night out! Whilst I appreciate its useful for the chef to know what people want in advance, it might be better to hand guests a form to complete in advance if absolutely necessary.
Although our tea and coffee making facilities in the room were great, there was no normal English breakfast tea, or in fact any type of black tea. All we had was Cranberry, peppermint or some other fruit tea. We had to ask for this separately. As my husband doesn't drink this type of tea and neither does he drink coffee, some optional hot chocolate sachets might have been nice. There's a digital television in the bedroom, but no remote control for the digi-box, so we only had terrestrial channels.
In the room we slept in we could hear every conversation, creak and movement of other guests around us, which wasn't great.
As I had read so much about the high standard of food at Les Bouviers I was anticipating a fab breakfast. To be honest it was rather average. We had informed the lady the night before that my husband did not eat eggs or mushrooms and she told us that the chef would compensate for this with an extra hash brown/more beans or something. Well this didn't happen. The scrambled eggs were nice and tasty and cooked to a proper consistency which is unusual and much appreciated, however the bacon was too thick for me and the sausages under-cooked and lacked flavour. It was nice to be given a pot of coffee and the Danish pastries were nice and warm, although clearly just wholesale standard,as was the jam. The yoghurt was the consistency of milk and not very pleasant.
To be honest I would not pay the 130 odd pounds again for a night in this B&B, as I expect pretty high standards across the board for that. The rooms are pretty and the bathrooms very nicely finished, but the furniture and furnishings are all a bit cheap looking once you look closely. The worst problem is that with the handing in of keys. I understand the need for fire precautions, but perhaps an in/out system could be used on the doors or ensure guests sign in and out or something. I don't expect a curfew when I stay in a hotel, guest house or B&B or made to feel awkward on return.
Nice but not 5 star!

Room Tip: It lacks real luxury for the price.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank sugarplum007
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The receptionist and owners were very helpful and welcoming. We had secure parking for our vintage motor cars. The dinner was very good and the cooked breakfast outstanding - just what we needed before a ferry crossing and drive through France. We hope to stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel is off the main road and very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Super room ( we stayed in bellet room ) which had great views and a balcony.

The food was really good and value for money.

Staff very friendly and cannot do enough to help.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2011

What luck. Needed somewhere close to conference & this was 1/2 a mile away. Wonderful food and comfortable suite. Attentive staff. Plan to return with my wife

Room Tip: Bellet suite is excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank davejeffery
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimborne
Kings Head Hotel
RNLI College
RNLI College
#1 of 13 in Poole
Travelodge Poole Hotel

Been to Les Bouviers Rooms? Share your experiences!