“I can't add anything, except more praise.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimborne
Fernhead Guest House
Ranked #5 of 27 Wimborne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I can't imagine a better place to stay if you are looking for accommodation in Wimborne. In fact, never mind Wimborne, I can't imagine a more comfortable room or a better breakfast, anywhere.

We stayed in Walford, with the enormous bed and the amazing bathroom. The breakfast was wonderful. Real juice. Real coffee. Fresh fruit, and a mound of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries along with assorted cereals and a range of yoghurts that would be impressive in any supermarket. A comprehensive list of hot breakfast items to choose from - and breakfast is freshly cooked to order. Toast, croissants ... ...
It's a shame we could only stay one night.

Room Tip: Check the Fernhead website for full information.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Elaine and Jack Firbank
This B & B is outstanding, beautiful immaculate rooms, gorgeous breakfast, lovely hosts in Karen and Brian - nothing too much trouble. With friends, we were staying here as attending a wedding in Wimbourne, Karen happy for us to use the rooms until we left for wedding at midday - no having to be out by 10am so she could do the cleaning! Karen was happy to do it after we left, so again we came back to immaculate rooms. Have recommended it to everyone I know might be staying in the area.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Very impressed with the facilities here. The Shakespeare room had everything a child could want from bunk beds, night light, toys and books to read to bath toys and bubble bath. Bed v comfortable and the breakfast was epic in scale and beautifully cooked. Will definately consider again if we are in the area. Well done to Karen and her husband for such a high standard and for letting us use their garden to play in. My 5 year old daughter loved it.

Room Tip: Shakespeare room is best for families
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Found the perfect accommodation for myself on a recent business trip. I was very new to Wimborne and having stayed at what can only be described as a 'Fawlty Towers' type B&B/Pub before, this was heaven. Perfect grounds, house, bedroom and owners. Rooms are immaculate and you are spoilt in terms of the comfort. Amazingly clean linen, pillows, duvets, carpets that smelled terrific. Karen and her family make you feel really comfortable and there is a warm welcom at breakfast, which again is absolutely first class, with as much variety as you can think of - I had to refuse a cooked breakfast the 2nd morning as I was still recovering from the siz e of the portions on the 1st day !!
All in all a great place to stay - I have already recommended to colleagues staying in Wimborne !

Room Tip: Book in advance as much as possible, as there are only 3 rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Another excellent visit to Fernhead! As before everything is catered for, everywhere is spotlessly clean and the welcome is second to none. I can safely say we have never stayed anywhere better. Those who think a b+b is not as good as a hotel should try Fernhead. The beds are so comfortable, breakfast is freshly cooked and has more choices than many other places, the bathrooms are luxurious and the level of service exceptional. Parking is no problem and it is a short, level walk into Wimborne.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This b&b offers superb accommodation and hospitality. I visited with my husband and parents and we had a very enjoyable stay. Our room was immaculately clean with every possible facility-silent fridge, hairdryer, bottles of water replenished each day, high quality toiletries and an extensive selection of tea, coffee etc. Karen sat us together on a table in the window for our breakfast which was was fresh and delicious. The fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries were my favourite accompanied by a yoghurt - the choice of which was extensive. All cooked food was made to order and the ingredients were locally sourced. When visiting my sister and family in Wimborne I will never look for any other accommodation....superb!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Having recently started working in the local area I had the pleasure of staying with Karen & Brian in there family friendly Guest House. I have stayed throughout June and have booked as far as possible through July, August and September. Unfortunately due to the high demand I have had to resort to other B&B and I can safely say they are not up to the standard experienced at Fernhead.
The room is light and airy with two single beds, a TV and all the benefits you would expect from a superior establishment. My bathroom is beautifully finished with complimentary soaps and shower gels, all the fittings are to a very high standard and the cleanliness is second to non.
The breakfast that awaits the visitor could not be bettered if one stayed in the Savoy. Fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts to tempt the pallet all followed by a freshly prepared cooked breakfast of your choice from local produce and cooked to perfection.
A nifty five minute walk into town allows the visitor to experience the local restaurants of which you have a good choice of Italian, Indian and Chinese together with excellent pubs and hotels all serving evening meals.
I cannot recommend Fernhead B&B enough and I for one would not have booked that far in advance if the quality and the total experience had not been to my liking.
Fernhead is the ideal place to stay for the weekend but even better for the longer stay to really appreciate the finer things in life without costing a fortune.
If you can find better then good luck but the discerning will have to look far and wide and will come back to where they started and that is Fernhead Bed & Breakfast - PROBABLY THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DORSET. Enjoy at your leisure

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business